Took in a Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Well, I had been thinking about getting another beardie, and one happened to fall into my lap.

She was on craigslist the post hasn't been deleted yet so here it is
http://joplin.craigslist.org/pet/2386430491.html
They didn't know any better and followed Pet store advice. After she was bred the pet store told them to put extra sand in the tank and she would do her thing. Pet store also told them to take away her UV during this time. She was in crushed walnut that had been piled on top of calisand. They said she had been laying for a couple days now. When cleaning out the sand I found 7 dried eggs. Her tank came with one half log and one fake plant and a CHE. Here she is when I picked her up.
P05-17-11_1331.jpg

I brought her home and immediately put her in a warm bath. She passed an egg and pooped while in the tub.
P05-17-11_1421.jpg

After her soak I took her outside for some natural UV and she perked up quite a bit.
P05-17-11_1425.jpg

I had my husband hang onto her while I got her 40 breeder set up. We put her in there and she almost immediately started digging. Luckily I have vermiculite on hand so I used that and some ecoearth to make her lay box and she laid 16 slugs. When she was done and had covered it back up we gave her another soak and offered dusted dubias, which of course she didn't want to try. I gave her a salad mix and she nibbled it then climbed up her basking spot. When we woke up the next morning there were 4 more slugs laying in her cage. So for another soak she went. After drying off and basking she gobbled greens and ate 3 dusted med-large dubias. We have had her 3 days now and she is doing great, has been eating and drinking well, and no more eggs so far. :mrgreen: Here she is enjoying some sun. :)
P05-17-11_1512.jpg

Sorry all these pics were taken with my cell phone as my camera has grown legs and run off. Once I find it I will be able to post some more of her.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Aww...poor baby girl! :(
I'm very glad you found her Christene...she was desperately in need of someone to give her some TLC. :love5:
However after reading that there are more I'm saddened. :( Were they in the same shape?

I know you will have her fattened up in no time. :wink:
Plus having sexy Lucius around will help her to want to be her sexiest. :)

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL Poor Lucius saw her and wow was he in a state! Thank goodness he can't see her unless she is out of the viv otherwise he would forget everything save black bearding, head bobbing, and stomping.

They met me so I didn't get to see the others. They feed them well they said the others eat 30+ crickets a day so that is good. But they had just bought Calisand for all the vivs and they use coil UV lights. I gave them this site and hopefully they will come here. I also gave them a card and said if you have ANY questions don't hesitate to call me. I told them if I didn't know the answer I would research it (ask on here). LOL

I have found my camera and took pics of bath time. (will post later) Her eyes were sunken in a little from dehydration and after all the soaks she has been getting are looking LOTS better. She drinks in the tub and her dish in the cage so that is good!

I'm hoping that the clutch of slugs will be it or if she lays again it is slugs too. You know how I am about tossing fertile eggs. Sigh!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hope they find their way here. :wink:

Somebody give me a sledge hammer and set me loose....how I'd love to smash those coils! :x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom