to much poo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Rambo has pooped five times in the last two days. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that this is unusual behavior. If there is anything that I might be doing wrong that might cause this, please feel free to let me know about it. Thanks!!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hi!

So how old is Rambo? Babies and young juvies have the potential to poop a lot in a couple of days … they eat so much in a constant loop! Is Rambo young and eating alot of feeders a lot of the time? Also - how does his poop look (formed / with a urate / color?)

Look forward to hearing back from ya!

PS - Dragons and their pooping can drive us nuts - we worry when we think they poop too much, we worry when they don’t poop enough - they know how to get us for sure 🤪

rambobeardie1

Original Poster
Hi!

So how old is Rambo? Babies and young juvies have the potential to poop a lot in a couple of days … they eat so much in a constant loop! Is Rambo young and eating alot of feeders a lot of the time? Also - how does his poop look (formed / with a urate / color?)

Look forward to hearing back from ya!

PS - Dragons and their pooping can drive us nuts - we worry when we think they poop too much, we worry when they don’t poop enough - they know how to get us for sure 🤪
Thank you sooooo much for your help. Rambo is about 5 or 6 months old. His scat is kinda green and there is white in it I know that was really disgusting. Theres a lot of truth in that statement. Again thank you for your help!!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Thank you sooooo much for your help. Rambo is about 5 or 6 months old. His scat is kinda green and there is white in it I know that was really disgusting. Theres a lot of truth in that statement. Again thank you for your help!!

Whaaaat no that’s not disgusting at all! This forum is filled with poop stories - people talk about it all the time (myself included!) - even posting pics of poop to check on it. Feel free to post Rambos if you’d like and we can take a looksie. Poop and urates can honestly tell a lot about a dragons health 🙂

So the white you are seeing is Rambos urate - aka their way of peeing - it’s often white and can be yellowish in colour. And, his poop being the colour green / brown is normal (or at least those are the normal colours for my girl as well).

Their poop is often formed with the addition of a urate to accompany it. Sometimes you’ll see a larger urate to poop ratio - more often you’ll see a larger poop to urate ratio. This kind of all depends on how much food vs water your dragon is taking in on any given day. 🙂

So I would say if he is indeed 5 months old, and eating often like a 5 month old can do, his poop is pretty well formed (not super runny or diarrhea), and the urate is looks/feels normal (not solid as a brick / able to break up) then he sounds good to go. Do these things line up with what you’re seeing regarding Rambo?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Yes, this is one of the few places where people can talk about poop in a normal conversation without busting out laughing (poop is a serious subject on here).
I have a 3 year old female that will hold it for 2 weeks then sometimes twice a day. It's a normal poop but guess she's just weird that way, lol!

rambobeardie1

Original Poster
Whaaaat no that’s not disgusting at all! This forum is filled with poop stories - people talk about it all the time (myself included!) - even posting pics of poop to check on it. Feel free to post Rambos if you’d like and we can take a looksie. Poop and urates can honestly tell a lot about a dragons health 🙂

So the white you are seeing is Rambos urate - aka their way of peeing - it’s often white and can be yellowish in colour. And, his poop being the colour green / brown is normal (or at least those are the normal colours for my girl as well).

Their poop is often formed with the addition of a urate to accompany it. Sometimes you’ll see a larger urate to poop ratio - more often you’ll see a larger poop to urate ratio. This kind of all depends on how much food vs water your dragon is taking in on any given day. 🙂

So I would say if he is indeed 5 months old, and eating often like a 5 month old can do, his poop is pretty well formed (not super runny or diarrhea), and the urate is looks/feels normal (not solid as a brick / able to break up) then he sounds good to go. Do these things line up with what you’re seeing regarding Rambo?
Thank you for all of your help he actually pooped not five minutes ago sooo, here is what I saw, the urate was able to break up, and there wasn't a lot of it, his poop is pretty well formed, however, everytime he poops there is some green-ish liquid. Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it. If you have any idea if this is a problem, or what it may be, I would appreciate it if you would reply back. Peace out!!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Thank you for all of your help he actually pooped not five minutes ago sooo, here is what I saw, the urate was able to break up, and there wasn't a lot of it, his poop is pretty well formed, however, everytime he poops there is some green-ish liquid. Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it. If you have any idea if this is a problem, or what it may be, I would appreciate it if you would reply back. Peace out!

Hey there 👋

If you want to take a pic of his next poop, feel free to upload one! Seeing some liquid (or at least in my girls case) can be normal in addition to the actual poop - the majority of the time my girl poops in the bath, and l can see a little bit of liquid accompanying it - the times she does actually go in her viv, there can be a bit of liquid that shows up on her tile flooring with the poop. I think the amount for my dragon also depends on how much water she’s taken in as well. A picture would be great to post if you’d like. Glad to hear it’s formed and that the urate was not really hard. Their oral intake of water can help to ensure that their urate is the correct consistency / that they are nice and hydrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom