to feed or not to feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
I have a surplus of beetles from my cleaning crew (i use meal worms in conjunction with some supers i fatten up in the cricket bins to become beetles), i was wondering if it would hurt to give some to Draconis as a treat when hes out of brumation. He already goes gaga over beetle pupae but hasnt been introduced to a beetle yet..... So, what do yall think?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've yet to see Pepper turn down a pupae but he is not even remotly interested in the beetles. It doesn't hurt to try though.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":vjv019ft said:
My lizards regard the fuzzy worms as treats , and love to crunch up the beetles they produce.
I think he has a good post brumation party treat coming then. They are low on fat and are fed up on the same stuff the crickets are along with the dead crickets and refuse from them... Anyone that watches them knows them knows that most of what they gut load on goes right back out before they fully digest it. Yup they over eat then poop out the excess so they dont "explode". He does love the excess worms from the over stock of supers i fatten up for beetles... his fave time is culling time!

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardymama33":2ybhyml4 said:
kingofnobbys":2ybhyml4 said:
My lizards regard the fuzzy worms as treats , and love to crunch up the beetles they produce.
I think he has a good post brumation party treat coming then. They are low on fat and are fed up on the same stuff the crickets are along with the dead crickets and refuse from them... Anyone that watches them knows them knows that most of what they gut load on goes right back out before they fully digest it. Yup they over eat then poop out the excess so they dont "explode". He does love the excess worms from the over stock of supers i fatten up for beetles... his fave time is culling time!
He didnt eat them btw but my daughter now has a baby gecko she caught that is eating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom