tips...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon1

Hatchling Member
i was just wondering if you guys could tell me what dragons like best to eat as far as veggies/fruit go... i've seen that website that shows the chart and that good stuff but i was just wanting some personal opinions to see what you feed your dragon and what it likes best. i have a baby dragon and it is just starting to eat collard greens and carrots but not many at all... i just hate wasting all the veggies.. any tips? thanks, i'll appreciate it!

CZ4A

I just started giving mine collard greens and he seems to hate them. I ripped up a fresh leaf everyday for the past week and the bowl went untouched. Held a whole leave infront of him like I do with lettuce (which he normally rips into) and he took one bite then turned away disgusted lol. Mine loves string beans but they arent a staple diet. Try squash. Dragons seem to love it. I'm going shopping tomorrow to see if mine will eat some.

reddragon1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol yea mine will do the same thing when i hold food up to it. what kind of squash is good? thanks

CZ4A

I'm pretty new to the forums but from my reading butternut squash seems to come up a lot on here.

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
Spaghetti squash is probably one of the easier squashes to prepare. Acorn and butternut squash can be like trying to cut up a brick sometimes, that's why some people prefer to grate it. At least with spaghetti squash once you cut it in half or something you can just pull out the insides since it comes out easily.

As for greens go hunter seems to like Mustard greens and turnip greens more then collard greens. If I give him just collard greens alone he won't eat it. Also dandelion and bok choy, and water crest seem to be a favorite to a lot of beardies. Endive is also a good tasting green but can be expensive sometimes. As for fruit beardies lovemango and raspberry's. Just a warning though that sometimes the raspberry's can stain your bearded dragon it comes off though if you wash them.

See if your local grocery store lets you buy stuff by the pound. Mine does and it beats having to pay a couple of dollars for a stack of mustard greens when hunter is only going to go though 2-3 leaves before they go bad. I can normally walk out of a grocery store with just spending 50 cents to feed hunter for the week by buying 1 or 2 of every kind of leaf hunter can eat. Feels weird though buying only one collard green leaf though and having the cashier weigh it :lol:

ConnieG

I usually mix 3 or 4 different greens together, and I alternate what the mix is. Mine likes Collards, Turnips, Kale, Bok Choy and Radicchio. I usually chop up a weeks worth of 3 of these. Each day I'll add something different and it's usually something that won't last a week in the mix. I'll grate a baby carrot, or chop up blueberries, mango, or blackberries and put it on top of her salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom