Timer for Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Just a quick question:
I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012GTRSW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
so that Spike's lights will be set on a timer. I am not always up at the same time everyday and don't always go to bed at the same time, making it a little difficult to get her lights on a set schedule. Monday-Friday isn't a problem as my oldest has school and I am always up; but on the weekends, we like to sleep in a little bit.
Even though Spike's lights have little switches on them to turn them on and off, I am assuming that by using this timer, that the power just turns itself off by the timer, correct? And I don't actually have to turn the lights themselves off. Do I just always leave the switches on the lights turned on and the timer takes care of the rest?

I have never used a timer before, but it honestly was a piece of cake to program.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't used that specific timer (I have mechanical wall outlet timers) but yes when set properly the timer will turn the power on to the lights at the set time and turn them off at the set time so you don't have to interact with them at all and they'll stay on a set schedule which is incredibly useful. Just be sure the switches for the lights are always set to on so the timer controls their schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom