Time for a lay box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMorpho

Juvie Member
Striker's been in a state of "semi-brumation" for a few months now. She spends most of her time in her hide scratching and sleeping. She has still eaten, basked, bathed and pooped normally.
She's never been intensely active since I've ha her, a few minutes of glass dancing, then resigns herself to basking or sleeping if I don't take her out immediately. She does explore a bit when I let her out, but she lets me know when she's done by climbing up the couch toward her tank.

Over the past few days she's been refusing food (except for a few bites of greens). Today she started running rampant in her cage. I put her back in the feeding tub to see if she was hungry, but refused to eat the crickets.
I set her down in the livig room to see if she wanted to explore. Nope. She immediately made a beeline to get back in her tank!
I gave up and let her back in, and she decided to run around some more and bob at her reflection (another new behaviour). After a while she calmed down and crawled back into her hide and started scratching around again.
She's a year and two months old, so it is possible that she could be gravid, though I haven't felt anything out of the ordinary in her tummy during her nightly baths...
So... How can I tell if she really is wanting to lay, and how can I help her out on a limited budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom