Throwing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Hi my bearded dragon sunny is 12 week old and yesterday we were camping with it and it ate 7 crickets while when we came home I gave it an hour of light time to digest it’s food and it did poop but then today morning I found undigested crickets in his enclosure and I’m sure that he threw it up because it wasn’t poop and I would like to know if that’s normal because it didn’t get enough heat/sun or do I need to take it to the vet

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi my bearded dragon sunny is 12 week old and yesterday we were camping with it and it ate 7 crickets while when we came home I gave it an hour of light time to digest it’s food and it did poop but then today morning I found undigested crickets in his enclosure and I’m sure that he threw it up because it wasn’t poop and I would like to know if that’s normal because it didn’t get enough heat/sun or do I need to take it to the vet
Not enough time for after eating basking -- no more feeding under 3 hrs of basking time please --- make sure your basking temps are 105-110 taken w/a digital probe thermometer basking bulb should be a CLEAR bright white bulb NO colored NO off white or yellowish bulbs NO daytime bulbs they have a coating on them called neoyidium that is harmful to the eyes example of the bulb you need is a Exo Terra Intense basking bulb or a Zoo Med Repti basking bulb ---- you want surface temps not air / ambient -- place the probe on the spot where he basks 10 min or so get the temp --- UVB should be a long tube fixture NO coils -- what size tank is he in ? If you need help w/ the UVB please ask I will post websites for you most pet stores do not carry the fixture you need --- NO Zilla brand NO Thrive brand they are NO good --
Are you feeding pin head crickets ? And are you offering salads and dusting the insects ???

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not enough time for after eating basking -- no more feeding under 3 hrs of basking time please --- make sure your basking temps are 105-110 taken w/a digital probe thermometer basking bulb should be a CLEAR bright white bulb NO colored NO off white or yellowish bulbs NO daytime bulbs they have a coating on them called neoyidium that is harmful to the eyes example of the bulb you need is a Exo Terra Intense basking bulb or a Zoo Med Repti basking bulb ---- you want surface temps not air / ambient -- place the probe on the spot where he basks 10 min or so get the temp --- UVB should be a long tube fixture NO coils -- what size tank is he in ? If you need help w/ the UVB please ask I will post websites for you most pet stores do not carry the fixture you need --- NO Zilla brand NO Thrive brand they are NO good --
Are you feeding pin head crickets ? And are you offering salads and dusting the insects ???
Yes I do always and every time but the other day there was a emergency and we had to leave really quick and I couldn’t think so all I did is take my bearded dragon and that day we had to go buy him crickets and he ate about 7 I didn’t dust them because I didn’t have my powder and now he isn’t eating much he only ate 1 this morning but he pooped again before that so idk

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I do always and every time but the other day there was a emergency and we had to leave really quick and I couldn’t think so all I did is take my bearded dragon and that day we had to go buy him crickets and he ate about 7 I didn’t dust them because I didn’t have my powder and now he isn’t eating much he only ate 1 this morning but he pooped again before that so idk
Relocation stress- every time you move them they will go thru that- but you must have all the lighting I posted earlier correct or he will quit eating all together if any of this is off

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That day it pooped after eating blueberries and I did let it stay in the sun but the sun wasn’t hot enough and the sad thing That is making me worried is that he isn’t eating anymore and it’s his second day that I have him

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Relocation stress- every time you move them they will go thru that- but you must have all the lighting I posted earlier correct or he will quit eating all together if any of this is off
I do have a heat lamp which is 75 watts and I do have a uvb light I have got this from pet stock in Australia which is a place for pets and they had recommended it to me

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I see the coil it's doing no good+ the tank looks really high- dragons need floor space not height and babies love to jump- if he misses he could get hurt bad! I see no temp gauges please get 2 I posted what you need for everything you need- please get this corrected asap- the basking bulb the temps and uvb are crucial to the dragons overall health and behavior-

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I do have a heat lamp which is 75 watts and I do have a uvb light I have got this from pet stock in Australia which is a place for pets and they had recommended it to me
Bad advice coils are bad they provide inadequate uvb- you need those thermometers I posted-- please do not listen to the pet store people-- zoo med digital probe thermometer-

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok I see the coil it's doing no good+ the tank looks really high- dragons need floor space not height and babies love to jump- if he misses he could get hurt bad! I see no temp gauges please get 2 I posted what you need for everything you need- please get this corrected asap- the basking bulb the temps and uvb are crucial to the dragons overall health and behavior-
But the tank I got was specially for bearded dragons… and I do have temps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 66

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have a question what can coil do to them?
Because I bought this for $50 and it was more expensive than the rest

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok your good there then but the uvb is not - replace w/ the Arcadia pro T 5 12% bulb ASAP they are more accessible to you I believe-- coils cause too many health issues mbd being the common-
I have a question about the coil I don’t understand where is the coil and the lamp that I have is by reptile one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom