Throwing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Hi guys, long time no posting. Elijah has been doing well but I was a little concerned about him. I put Elijah in the bathtub today and it has been about a week since his last bath, he was really thirsty it seemed and he almost submerged his head in the water and started drinking. He drank a lot (I've NEVER seen him drink!) well he seemed out of breath when he was done and he had a black beard. He kept gaping and puffing himself up. I took him out of the tub and put him back into his tank, he promptly had a bowel movement and that was normal looking. Well then he foamed a bit at the mouth and threw up all over his tank, he had eaten roaches this morning and so I have bits of roaches and water everywhere! He then threw up once more and it was just water. Now he seems a bit weak and a little dull looking but he is basking with his head up and he is watchful. I'm going to clean out his cage now and just keep an eye on him but I wasn't sure if may be he drank too much too fast and it had been too long since his last bath. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
Yes it's quite possible that he drank too much and too fast which caused him to throw up. At the most he'll probably have an upset stomach for a little bit. Keep us updated!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Im with the above. Most likely just drank too much water too fast. Try giving a bath again tomorrow and if Elijah starts drinking again, let him, but after a bit bring him back up and don't let him drink again.
He might have lost a lot of water from throwing up, so he most likely is thirsty again.

-Brandon

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! Yeah that was my next question was if I should try and bathe him again tomorrow. I'll give it a try but not let him suck down so much water. He seems much better now, I cleaned out his tank and he is sound asleep. Thanks again and I'll keep this up-dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom