Throwing up blood/brown liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengu1

Juvie Member
HI there

I just brought my girl inside and she was sitting on her pillow and threw up a shed load of blood/brown liquid :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :(

Really don't know what to do. Vet doesn't open for another 2 hours

Anyone out there have any experience with this?

Just lately she hasn't been eating and sooooooooooooo yellow and number two is chalky and pale white. I was going to the vet today anyway so it is good timing.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry your girl is not doing well!
Her urates are pale & or chalky?
What had you fed her previously? It sounds like something really upset her system terribly. Has she not been doing very good before this incident?
Is her beard black?
Fortunately, I haven't had any experience with that type of vomiting. Anytime there is blood involved that isn't good. I hope it isn't liver issues though.
Just try to keep her comfortable overnight until you can get her to the vets. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
HI there

Her urine is clear, her number two has recently been pale white and today chalky. Three days she has had a little black beard which is a first. She has also been sleeping more but I thought maybe it was brumation time. She threw up just now and had a dark red/brown number two just a minute ago. Everything is bagged and ready to go to vet.

before this she is perfect. No health issues at all and a picture of health. Very active, happy girl all temps are perfect, food is no problem but suddenly stopped. Nothing new was added so it is very odd.

I cannot wait for two hours, this is killing me

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, I am sorry it came up so suddenly like this. It does sound like blood absolutely, I am not sure what would be causing it. Liver issues are usually a big culprit, or a heavy load of worms or parasites will cause this also.
If she has a little bit of a black beard then she may not be feeling well.
I definitely wouldn't let her brumate since she isn't doing good right now.
Let us know how the vet visit goes.

Tracie

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She had a parasite check two months ago and had pin worm and had treatment and all gone.

The vet said she was overweight but she is 48cm long at 594g which is perfect. They need padding and her belly doesn't touch the floor.

Last week she did go up to 654 but dropped to 594 again which is quite a lot to drop so quick.

I have urine sample, number two sample and just earlier dark number two sample as well as a bit of what she threw up.

I really hope the vet can see whats going on. Now she is at the front of the tank watching my every move so............

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
while I am waitiong for the vets to open i of course start googling and I did read that the chalky poop could be too much calcium. This is interesting as it is the only thing I can think of.

She gets calcium in liquid form twice a week. Three sprays into water which is 0.5cc each time

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Okay

So she had samples checked and an x ray and an ultrasound and another thing I cant remember the name of and basically shes too fat!!!! He liver is fatty so she is slow to empty stomach which is why she was sick and taking her out in the heat and back indoors to the air con cold is not good for her at all.

No parasites, no blood in stool or sick which is great. So no dubia for two weeks, pure veg juice and meds for a week. Not allowed out of tank for a week and then back to vet for check in two weeks.

Poor girl, but very relieved she is "okay" super black now though!!! :lol:

Thank you for your quick response :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, poor girl! So the ultrasound revealed an enlarged liver or did they do a blood test on her while she was there?
She wont like being on an all vegetarian diet though without having her roaches to eat!
I am glad that there wasn't any blood in the stool or parasites found, either. That's great news.
Which medications did the vet prescribe?
She isn't able to get out of her tank at all, for a week? That is too bad, not even for a few minutes at night?
I hope she is feeling better soon, then. Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So basically she threw up her poop! Wow

So yeh translation is quite difficult but a fatty liver. After his checking she did a poop again and at home she did it again so she must of been impacted :(

So yeh not out of tank for two weeks. She has to rest to recover and takes meds as well as pure veg juice. She's not keen on the drops LOL but she drinks the juice from a syringe :) she is closing her eyes a lot and resting so she knows she's ill.

I will take her out to give her her drops but literally for a couple of minutes.

Sooooo glad it wasn't blood and no parasites!!!!

Thank you again for your concern. It was a shock that's for sure! I mean regular baths and lots of water and still impacted because of over weight.

I did a deep clean of her tank and found 6 dubia having a party so no more feeding them in the tank.

Keep you updated with what goes on

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She must have been backed up for sure! I guess her liver wasn't functioning very well, but hopefully getting her system cleaned out will sure help. :D
She does need her rest & knows it, too. Closing her eyes off & on just means she is tired & or not feeling 100% right now.
You found 6 dubia in her tank, having a party? LOL That's great she drinks her juice from a syringe without any problems. :D
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hi there

well she was drinking from the syringe but princess had a hissy fit this morning and refused point blank to drink the juice!! I had to hold her and pull her lip? open from the side and drop it in. She wasn't impressed but tough.

So after a few attempts at giving her juice she went BLACK BEARD on me so I let her settle. She is very active today though which is a good sign, ah and now as I type she has her eyes closed at the cool end of the tank. She never usually goes that end so she cant be 100%

Ah well she had water so I will try the juice again later. Maybe i will mix the juice with water. She knows the syringe for water so have to try and trick her.

Such difficult lizards when ill!!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, they sure are picky sometimes! LOL I guess she obviously didn't want the juice today.
So she black bearded you then after you got it into her?
How long did she stay on the cooler end of the tank? I hope she is feeling better soon.
They can sure be difficult when they don't feel well but you can't really blame them though.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh princess is basking giving me the stink eye!!!

I tried again and she will not open her mouth! LOL she had water this morning and drops but no juice. As long as she has drops and water I'm good with it.

She just black bearded after drops because holding and well force feeding them unfortunately. Gentle as possible of course.

She's never been ill and such a good girl so it's weird and hard for me as well. I feel so sorry for her :,( the drops have something for liver as well as other things. She's closing her eyes now as well.

Stayed in cool area for a couple of hours but it is summer here and so dam hot so I guess it's not a weird thing.

I really thought it was brumation but nope. Poor baby :,( another week and half and back to vet for check. Ultrasound was crazy!!! Oh and did I say her eggs were fine? Sexual time and I problems there so it was another good thing to find out before winter. Expensive, I actually said "how much"? LOL

So yeh I will keep you updated :) I will also send you a couple of pics now so you can see how nice she is. I am a photographer so I guess that helps show her off LOL

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice pics, she is quite a ham for the camera and obviously cooperated very well for her photo shoot !
I just wanted to mention a few tricks to possibly get her to eat....add a few drops of unpasteurized honey or anything that she might like that will get her to eat the mixture. Experiment with smoothies that have a bit of fruit but mostly greens, and see if you can find alfalfa meal to add . Fatty liver is very serious and one thing you must do is keep her eating small amounts.....what happens if they don't eat a little every day or at least every 2 days is the body acts like it's starving and takes more fat to the liver, making the dragon worse. So she needs to eat a small amount every 1-2 days. Even if you have to force feed. You might try grasping her beard if nothing else works and pulling gently until she opens. Or use a playing card to slide along her gums + gently pry open. But it's much better + less stressful if you find something to flavor the food to get her to eat it. Even a small dubia is better than nothing to keep her liver from getting flooded with fat because her body says she's starving. Hopefully Tengu will get through this, she still looks alert + healthy and can survive with a few changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom