Thoughts on freeze dried food

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your thoughts on freeze dried insect medleys as a treat for beardies? I saw a container of them at the pet store and wanted opinions.
Also whats your opinion on red lights for night time lights?
Can someone also give me a quick list of preferred temperatures/humidity and light wattages? And also preferred products to measure temps and humidity

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I personally like live insects because I can gut load them and they are mentally enriching for my beardie to hunt. However, some people use freeze dried food as treats which is fine as long as you go with a trusted brand. You will want to make sure your beardie is well hyderated since freeze dried insects will not offer the same mouisturs content as live feeders.A good alternative that I highly recommend is repashy grub pie. I give this to my girl as an occasional treat and as a salad topper sometimes. She loves it and I trust the brand completely.

Beardies can see in full color, for this reason it's best to use no light at all at night so that they can sleep peacefully. If your temps are falling below 65-70 at night than it would be a better option to get a Ceramic heater.

You do not want your humidity to go above 40 since they are naturally from desert habitats they do not require high levels of humidity. Too much can actually lead to respitory infections. A good temp rang will depend on the age of the dragon. For a baby I'd recommend a basking spot of 105-110, for a juvenile-subadult I'd aim for 100-105, and for an adult 95-100. And the cool side should be anywhere between high 70s-85.
You can get a good temp gun for very inexpensive on Amazon (I think I paid like 12 bucks for mine) and just about any household digital humidity reader will do.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom