Thought Spike was a boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
hello all, well we have had spike now since October/2008 and thought spike was a male. Last night we went to go buy a female beardie so that we have a breeding pair and brought spike with us cause we just wanted to double check the sex. Well the girl looked at spike and said he is a she. So now we have a female named spike. lol

I was quite shocked and also the girl asked how old Spike is and we said between 8-10 months and she said spike looks full grown and around a year or more old. Spike is 17 inches long and very fat at the moment. lol

mypics275.jpg

renich

Juvie Member
lol...we had the same thing happen to us. we thought bernard was a male, but when our vet took bloodwork about 2 years ago, he informed us that bernard is a bernadette!

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
isnt it funny how you think its a boy or a girl and it turns out to be the opposite.

now we are getting a sandfire male when it is old enough to sex so that we can breed. so they should be some pretty colorful beardie babies as spike is a citrus i believe maybe someone can tell me or guess at what kind of beardie spike is

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
goodness me that girl is MOUNTING that speaker hehe!

dont worry, you wont be the first. My big boy Dexter laid 23 eggs :p

Holly

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ya that was the day that spike decided to poop on my bfs pillow

thank god we have febreeze lol
and lots of extra pillow cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom