thought i would share a few pics of my enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
this is my new enclosure i made for my 2 beardies dennis and deidre lol! girlfriend named them not me ha! i made it from scratch and am way proud of it just thought i would share some pics with you all to see what you thought. it fills my full back wall in my sitting room and its huge lots of space for them to roam about in having a few problems with the temps with it being so big but getting that sorted near enough once i get a dimmer switch i have recently just got dennis and have put deidre and him into together so its all new for them but they seem to be settling quite well and i am hoping to breed them quite soon i have everything ready incubator and such like.... i have a bit of a problem though i have read up on breeding quite a bit and have heard lots of different way to mate 2 beardies some ppl say not to put them in together is this true because i have read else where that its fine??? also i would just like to add that i have perspex in at the moment as i am wait on the glass arriving which shud be sometime this week then it will look 10 times better!
THANKS DAVID

lizardstank001.jpg

lizardstank002.jpg

lizardstank003.jpg

lizardstank004.jpg

lizardstank005.jpg

lizardstank006.jpg

lizardstank007.jpg

IMG

RedInkAus

Hatchling Member
Fantastic looking enclosure mate :D , one suggestion though i would switch over the substrate to a non particle substrate as wood chips when ingested can be fatal to your dragon.

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i never feed them in there enclosure anyway so they wont ingest any wood chips i feed them out of the crickets container and there veg n fruit bowl is on the top on the carpeted shelf they never bother with them to be honest

Bellalee

Juvie Member
They do lick things when they walk around. Beardies are solitary animals and only come together when mating, and from what I've seen it looks pretty violent. I wouldn't want my beardies doing that all the time. So anyways, they live alone, it is best to keep them alone until you are ready to breed. I'm sure the female could get very stressed if the male keeps trying to mate with her. Most beardies also end up having a dominant one in a group cage, and the others could end up getting hurt, or starved. Anyways, I would keep them alone, so would most knowledgeable people and reputable breeders on here.

Great job on your tank by the way! You should be proud of yourself. :)

lourensb

taylor123221":2a559 said:
this is my new enclosure i made for my 2 beardies dennis and deidre lol! girlfriend named them not me ha! i made it from scratch and am way proud of it just thought i would share some pics with you all to see what you thought. it fills my full back wall in my sitting room and its huge lots of space for them to roam about in having a few problems with the temps with it being so big but getting that sorted near enough once i get a dimmer switch i have recently just got dennis and have put deidre and him into together so its all new for them but they seem to be settling quite well and i am hoping to breed them quite soon i have everything ready incubator and such like.... i have a bit of a problem though i have read up on breeding quite a bit and have heard lots of different way to mate 2 beardies some ppl say not to put them in together is this true because i have read else where that its fine??? also i would just like to add that i have perspex in at the moment as i am wait on the glass arriving which shud be sometime this week then it will look 10 times better!
THANKS DAVID

Hi There, it looks stunning, Where did you get the Jungle Gym from ?
Do you know of a Online shop where I can get one from ?

Thanks

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Dito to everything really!

Just wanted to add that they look a little small to breed, is it something you were thinking of doing further down the line in a few years?? Females should ideally be 3 or over to reduce the risk of complications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom