Thorrrrrr please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorrrrrr

Hi guys, I was just wondering if its normal if my dragon poop with sow much water. here's a pic. im not sure what is that but it looks reddish to me =(. He didn't eat any cricket for 2 days now ( pet store ran out) so I give him veggies.

Picture.jpg

Thanks in advance

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It can be normal for liquid to come out with their stool if they are well hydrated. What else do you feed him other than crickets, such as greens or fruits? What do you feed the crickets?

Tracie

snuffel

Hatchling Member
i think when they poo if they have any excess fluid in their body they excrete it with the poo. if they are hydrated it is normal for them to excrete liquids as well.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I am not sure if this is right, but the liquid doesn't seem to good to me. I know it's common for beardies to excrete liquid, but shouldn't it be clear in color?
Again I am no expert, I just know that when my beardie excretes liquid is has always been clear..... Maybe PM Tracie, she has been so helpful with my beardie.

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
hello guys, sorry if i haven't been replying to this post. well I might have a clue whats going on with my thorrrrrr....he loves red cabbage ( i think thats what you call them) and when i dont have crix. to offer him, he only eat red cabbage and some greens. maybe its the water from red cabbage because when i feed him some crix. his poop went back to normal. Im hoping im right. he's acting normal and ets alot. If anything else goes wrong, Ill take a pecal sample (its expensive here in canada) and i lost my job so im depending on my parents.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
aahhhhh now that makes more sense. If I were in your situation, I would eliminate the cabbage and feed the crix see how he does for a few days. Have you checked the website for good foods to feed your beardie? I don't remember it off the top of my head but I will post if when I come across it again. Glad he seems ok :D

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
omg... not too long ago, my dragon were not eating, always sitting on his basking area and not moving around....also he was shredding. I went to vet and she didn't find anything wrong with him except hydration so she gave him some shot (i forgot the name) and it did hydrated my dragon. she also told me to give her a sample of his poop witch i did. and then she called saying nothing is wrong with my baby. And everything is back to normal. He started eating like a pig again but Now, He's not eating again. not moving around and staying only on his basking spot. He is also shredding his whole back and head. I concluded that this is my dragon's behavior when he's shredding. Is it normal to have a shredding behavior such as this? or should i go to a vet again?

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I have not experienced this first hand, yet, but I have ready a lot of posts on here that many beardies loose their appetites when they are shedding. I think it's fairly common. Try a nice warm bath, it can help with their shedding :D

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
hmmmm....why is my dragon turning darker? its been 2hrs now and he's just dark.....and that's not his real color....is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom