this routine is getting old... Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileRy

im getting tired of this.. EVERYTIME i hold sonny, she craps on me... everytime.. anyway to potty train them or anything? i picked her up right after she poo'd alot, then about 5 mins into me holding her, she urates and poops again.. but it was just the white cap and wetness. i love her to death.. but shes staining everything.. and my moms getting upset.. any suggestions?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Give her a bath before holding her. That might get her to completely void. Or you could hold her on an old towel until she poops again. Good luck! (Oxy-clean spray works wonders on stains!)

ReptileRy

Original Poster
Esther19":essg5kkg said:
Give her a bath before holding her. That might get her to completely void. Or you could hold her on an old towel until she poops again. Good luck! (Oxy-clean spray works wonders on stains!)

i tried that.. she will still try her hardest to poop on me right after that even.. and i tried that as well.. haha, she will run off of it and poop on me or the chair..

ndavila

Maybe a couple of specific shirts that you only wear when you have your beardie out. This is what I used to do when I kept birds and had them out.

Naline
Mommy to 2 human babies, 1 baby BD-Jengo, 1 Dog-Jewell, 4 fish

ReptileRy

Original Poster
that and pants.. haha. that will probably work for most of the time. except when its on the furniture... haha.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Mine poops in her water dish. She did poop on my husband the first time he took her out w/o me being home. We are fairly certain it was on purpose.

Brieana

Hatchling Member
Does she actually want to be held? If you put her down right after she poops on you, you might have accidentally trained her that if she poops on you, she doesn't have to be held. It's pretty common if you own a cranky bird, so I thought the situation might apply here?

ReptileRy

Original Poster
Brieana":1d4gwi4u said:
Does she actually want to be held? If you put her down right after she poops on you, you might have accidentally trained her that if she poops on you, she doesn't have to be held. It's pretty common if you own a cranky bird, so I thought the situation might apply here?

she loves being held, i keep holding her after that. so its weird.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Behavior]

It may be the warmth of your hand that's making her pee on you, especially since she's doing it shortly after she'd gone potty. Or, another possibility is that she's stressed with being picked up (while the holding part is ok with her) and thus constrict her insides which makes her pee.

ReptileRy

Original Poster
Goonie":34mpxmjk said:
[Moved from General to Behavior]

It may be the warmth of your hand that's making her pee on you, especially since she's doing it shortly after she'd gone potty. Or, another possibility is that she's stressed with being picked up (while the holding part is ok with her) and thus constrict her insides which makes her pee.

its always my clothes or the couch. never my hands, she will try to run off of me when shes gotta poo, almost like she doesnt want to go on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom