This is "gecko"/norbert. I'm aware he's not a gecko

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband has decided our rescue beardy would be named gecko... who knows why. But he refuses to call him norbert as I named him originally. And now since the entire house has started doing it too it seems to have stuck. I do believe his bad naming choices are why he won't let me get a crested. -_-. Anyways. This is gecko. He's a grumpy boy. He has never showed any signs of aggression towards me when holding however he is known to have bit a few other people, mostly males. His previous owner gave him to me underweight and very short. He claimed it wasn't necessary to feed him daily because he didn't eat his pellets every time. He was feeding him by pooring pellets onto his repti sand. The lizard was 5 months old and barely 6 -7 inches. Upon feeding him better he grew like crazy. He's now 11 months and a whopping nearly 17 inches. He's also no longer has a wrinkly belly. I used your guys site to give him the proper care by the way. I'm not sure how to add pics or I totally would. You guys more or less are what made him healthy again. Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gecko is a good nickname. I'm glad to hear he's doing so well under your care =). I'd love to see some photos of him.

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the forums! Good to see someone following good advice. :p
Find it kinda funny your husband calls her that. Used to have an anole that I called Sal for Salamander (knew it wasn't a salamander, but felt it fit him.)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
I've just seen this. I like both names. I used to have a frog named Cricket... not sure how I came up with the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom