This CAN'T be good for them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJeno

Link removed by moderator as it is considered a "shock video" so not allowed on this site. It is an impaction risk waiting to happen as well as could possibly cut the beardie from the inside. Wouldn't want a child to see this and think it is ok to feed them. Also, by the comments below, it did have a "shock" value to the members viewing it.(Video contains a live feeding.)

I do apologize if this video is at all possibly disturbing - if it's crossing the line, it's more than fair to have it removed.

I was just wondering - this cannot be good for the beardie's digestive tract, not to mention what's even nutritonally there for them. Does anybody here actually feed their beardie snails?

Burra

Hatchling Member
If you look this person also has another video up of feeding a huge bowl of meal worms to 2 beardies together. The snail looks like an impaction waiting to happen. Add that bowl of meal worms and I really feel sorry for those beardies!!! I can't see snails having high nutritional value since they are mainly shell, but that's just a guess.

TJeno

Original Poster
That's exactly what I thought. I can't believe some people like this are allowed to have exotic animals as pets. :banghead:

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
My goodness, that really must not be good. My question is, LOL, where would they find snails in Australia?! Why would you feed your dragon something that isn't even part of their natural diet. And the beardie also looked like it didn't even like the snail. But the person kept encouraging the beardie to eat it. And wouldn't the shell cut the beardie's throat and mouth? This looks wrong on so many levels.

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
this makes me sad. i cant imagine wat is going through this person's head. poor beardies. arent some snail slime poisonous? dont they have some sort of bacteria/virus that is deadly to many animals?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, that can't be good for them. I don't know if this would be considered a shock video.....I will have to check to see if it needs to be removed.

Tracie

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
No.Just.No.I only watched the first 2 seconds to know where this was going.

There are lizards that naturally DO eat snails, but Beardies aren't one of them. Caiman Lizards and Blue Tongue Skinks are examples that CAN. In fact, adult wild-caught Caiman Lizards are so used to eating snails they'll refuse to eat anything else. So I've read.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
TerratheBeardie":1a3uiwll said:
There are lizards that naturally DO eat snails, but Beardies aren't one of them.

Yes, that is what I said. I also commented on the vid and disliked it. Just wrong.

TerratheBeardie

Hatchling Member
Unfortunately, there are many YT vids like this....Mostly because not everyone is willing to take the time to do their research and all that.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
TheWerewolf":vho5h309 said:
My goodness, that really must not be good. My question is, LOL, where would they find snails in Australia?! Why would you feed your dragon something that isn't even part of their natural diet. And the beardie also looked like it didn't even like the snail. But the person kept encouraging the beardie to eat it. And wouldn't the shell cut the beardie's throat and mouth? This looks wrong on so many levels.

There are over 1000 native species of slugs and snails in Australia,but i doubt a bearded dragon would want to go after one :shock: .
Although I did not see the video,that person sounds really dumb.Where did they get the snails from?They probably have parasites :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom