Thinking outside the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
Since I have a red lacerta also I was looking at another forum and ran across a thread that got my brain to smolder a bit. Seems as if someone needed 4 enclosures and made one from this
100_1363.jpg

adding a back and sides of sealed plywood and plexi sliders on the front
100_1393.jpg

thinking for 4 units without lighting around $180
wouldn't want to take credit for someone elses idea just passing along info I found that seems an easy solution to multiple enclosures

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
That looks fantastic.
Id be worried about the gaps on the sides though, all my dragons are huge fans of escaping.

Holly

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I believe the gaps you see on the sides are covered in screen for ventilation. Only thing I would be concerned about would be heat transfer from cage to cage since there is no separation between each level. But all in all an inexpensive and easily constructed unit for a 4-level unit. The shelving unit is 4 foot X 2 foot and I suppose that you can alter each level to fit your needs.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
Original Poster
a new one is less than $90 at home depot or lowes. I am about to move and am thinking of doing the same thing in the new house. Think I may even go the expense to have the rack parts powder coated to something other than plain old grey. This idea caught my eye and I think I can get it done under $300 even with the electrical. But then again thinking I have a resource that has some 1/4 inch plexi just sitting around that he will part with for some trade. I may get off even cheaper :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom