thinking of rehoming my beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I adopted yoshi over a month ago, he's a 3-year-old male. I thought I was ready and bought all the correct things but he just doesn't seem happy with me. It feels like every day there's something wrong with him, and I'm starting school next week and my mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and i don't think I can do it anymore so that's why I'm posting here to see if you guys can help me out.

Under my care, he has thrown up 3 times which i think its a lot. two weeks after I got him he began shedding and he's currently shedding his front legs and belly. His tail is dark so i think that's next. when i adopted him he weighed 300g which the vet told me is underweight so i have been feeding him a little extra but i think that's why he has been throwing up because this week I've been feeding him less and he hasn't thrown up. Today he has been acting really weird, in the middle of the day i found him sleeping under his half log, he woke up when i took it off him but i still found that weird and then he kept hanging out in the cool side even after i feed him DR. And tonight my mom told me after his lights went off he was laying down with his head straight up and his beard was extremely dark and his mouth was open.

I dont know if these behaviors are normal and im just overreacting but i took him to the vet the first week i adopted him and the X-rays and fecal test came back normal. im thinking of taking him to the vet again just to make sure everything is still okay. But at this point i dont know what to do, and if i do decide to give him up, where can i do that? i live in New York City and i wanna give him to someone who is experienced.

xintrovert

Original Poster
Yoshi sadly passed away this morning. The vet couldn’t tell me what was wrong because he had apetite and pooped fine. He says it could have been an ulcer or something in his digestive tract.

He also said when I got him he was probably sick because he weighted 300g when I got him which is not okay. Which makes me even more mad because I went to an actual reptile expo to make sure I was getting a healthy one and not one from like petsmart.

I know I did everything right because this forum has told me everything in his enclosure is good. It just now I don’t know what to do with his tank and lights, I’m think of donating it somewhere.

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Sorry to hear about your mom's condition and Yoshi's death. This has got to be a tough time for you, and I'm sure the pressures of going back to school don't help! My 80 y.o. mom just finished her bc treatment regimen, and though it was tough on her, she is fine now and cancer free, so definitely tell yours to hang in there! If you don't want to get another beardie right now, maybe there's a reptile rescue that could use your gear, or you could always craigslist it. Don't use LetGo... that app and site used to be good, but it's awful and filled with scammers and spam bots.

xintrovert

Original Poster
Aaradimian":19qtrk0y said:
Sorry to hear about your mom's condition and Yoshi's death. This has got to be a tough time for you, and I'm sure the pressures of going back to school don't help! My 80 y.o. mom just finished her bc treatment regimen, and though it was tough on her, she is fine now and cancer free, so definitely tell yours to hang in there! If you don't want to get another beardie right now, maybe there's a reptile rescue that could use your gear, or you could always craigslist it. Don't use LetGo... that app and site used to be good, but it's awful and filled with scammers and spam bots.

Thank you for your kind words. I’m just trying to stay as hopeful as I can during all of this. I’m going to see if anyone near me can take his enclosure. I’m just a little worried because when he threw up he stained the glass with mucus and I don’t want bacteria to spread to a new beardie if someone does take the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom