THEY'RE HERE! :D (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Our Dubia are here! (I meant to make this post yesterday, but I had to work and then I was too tired.) They arrived at the PO yesterday morning and everything was okay! :blob8:

We got; (the plus is for the over count)
50+ adult females and 30+ adult male
500+ small 1/4 inch nymphs
100+ mediums 1/2 to 3/4 inch
Plus their food and water crystals. ^^

Here's some pics! :blob8:
100_2184-1.jpg

100_2185.jpg

100_2188.jpg

100_2189.jpg

100_2190.jpg

In this one, I was trying to get a pic before they all ran off. They're just too fast! :shock:
100_2192.jpg

100_2193.jpg

100_2197.jpg

100_2198.jpg

100_2201.jpg

ScubaSteve showing off the freshly molted one.
100_2202.jpg

Allie's first Dubia dish! :D
100_2206.jpg

And here's a video of her trying them for the first time! ^^

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yay I love the pictures!

Nice going on getting a picture of the freshly molted male! I think they are the coolest of the whole lot, the fresh molted males.

-Brandon

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1bnyh13j said:
Yay I love the pictures!

Nice going on getting a picture of the freshly molted male! I think they are the coolest of the whole lot, the fresh molted males.

-Brandon

Thank you thank you! :notworthy: The funny thing is, that freshly molted one was in with the bigger nymphs. So we think it molted to adulthood while in transit. :lol:

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
LOL that video!

Definately a *where are the rest of them!?* look....I hope you gave her more LOL

~Sherri

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, we thought so too. :D Thanks, we will! I still can't touch them yet, but give it some time and I'm sure I'll come around. :lol:

Lol yeah she wanted tons more, but we want them to get settled and start making more babies. :lol: We give her like 6-8 nymphs every morning to keep her interested, but that's it for now.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
clear":wmqxrtwa said:
If your rotate your egg flats 90 degrees, you wont have them fall down as much :D

Yeah, we ended up doing that. :lol: These pics were the "unboxing" pics...I'll get some "set up" ones later. Oh! and I caught them "getting it on" when I went to go check on them today! :D :blob8:

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Here is a pic of the *racks* I use to hold my crates up and seperate :D It is sooo easy to remove one and put it back...I can also pick up all of them with one hand when looking for something etc.

Got it at Walmart for around $5.00, love the way we can use things in unexpected ways! LOL

I now wish I could have actually TOLD someone there that the rack was for my Roaches!!! :mrgreen:

~Sherri

6042707690_341a4f7baf.jpg

MissT

BD.org Addict
Great pics!! I love how they were all packed! Hehe!

Sherri what is that rack SUPPOSED to be used for?

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
LOL

It was over in the kitchen section...I think it is for putting pot and pan lids in. I have tried them for that but I did not care for it for them...they were always getting stuck LOL

Not the egg crates though! They work perfectly in them lol. There is a style there I could use with 5 crates, but 4 is plenty even with over 200 dubia...there is always one of the 4 that is just not all that full. They prefer to hang out together...likely to gossip about what a great life they have as pets and how they have us trained :mrgreen:

They must think when we grab one it is going to an even better bin...so they are always on their best behavior trying to be *next* :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

~Sherri

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Great idea on the egg crates, Sherri! My 4 flats are always sliding down (especially with the weight of the dubias).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom