THerupy for my baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaShomb

My Keepper cam to me with MBD, and when i got him he could barly walk, with a lout of TLC, he is waling beater but i was wondering if there is anything i can do to help him walk beater. his leags are realy short for his body, and he is realy small for his age wich is a bout 3 we think.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your dragon is around 3 years old?
Are you using a UVB light currently? If so, what type & brand are you using, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light, & how old is the light?

Do you supplement calcium on a regular basis?
What are you feeding your dragon?

Tracie

LaShomb

Original Poster
We just got him a new reptile sun 10 36 in UVB light last month. He manly eats organic veggies and fruit; we give him 2 dozen crickets a week because he won’t eat many more then that. He just started to eat them recently. He gets supplants almost every day. As I tried to say erlor but botched it he is walking much beater, but it has taken nearly a year to get him where he is now. I have be tolled he will not get any bigger by a vet, but I would like for him to be more modal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good that you have a new Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb that should help him out.
Are you giving him any protein such as roaches, crickets or any type of worms on a regular basis?
The vet is most likely correct, at age 3 he should not grow any more in length but could fill out a little bit if he is too thin.
At least he has improved. How mobile is he? Can he climb at all?
Maybe you could show me a picture of him, & your setup just so I can see.

Tracie

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like you're taking good care of him. My beardie also came to me with MBD. It is a very sad ailment.

I highly reccommend getting liquid calcium from your vet. He/she will weigh your beardie and perscribe a dose of liquid calcium. I have been using liquid calcium for my beardie instead of supplements, and I have found that it works much better. I have noticed a lot of progress in my beardie's healing since I've started him on LC. Lots of the powder falls off the crickets when you throw them in the viv. Especially for beardies that already have a calcium defficiency, liquid calcium is a much more direct way of making sure they get their calcium.

I hope he continues to get better!

Keep us posted.

LaShomb

Original Poster
The best way to discrib how he walks is some one with sun bern and chafed iner laegs. HE can climbe but he has trubel. He gets a bout 24 crickits a week and every three weeks and egg, he mostly likes his veggys and frouts, it took me about 9 months to get him to tuch live food, hans the egg.
I have been consitering moving hime to a biger cag but I dont what him to stay on one sied all the time, he has just started walking back and forth in his cerent cage from his food to his watter dish, wich I pout on opisit sieds, I use to have to move hime so he would eat or drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom