there was blood... did they breed? HES NOT EATING PLZ HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
hi, yesterday my mom heard a noise coming from the turtle tank that sounded like fighting. she didnt get there in time, but there was blood all over the basking platform. :shock: we checked all of them, no wounds or any evidence.
here are the turtles, Bay, Yang, and Gui. http://draconiclight831.deviantart.com/art/meh-turtles1-128370142 we rescued them from chinatown. yang, the female in the middle, is 3 years old. Bay, on the left,is a 2 year old, runted male. and Gui on the right, is a 2 year old male, i cant tell if he is small size or not. so, anywho, Gui had been showing signs that he wanted to breed with Yang in the spring. my mom who is a vet, and the reptile guy in the pet store both agreed they probably mated. if this is the case, we dont have a clue of what to do. there is no sand in the tank, only a plant, gravel at the bottom, and a basking platform floating on the water. we are going away tuesday.

thank you sooo much!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
eeerrmmm, ok, it happened again. the male was definitely trying to breed her, she was clinging onto his foot, and his thing was hanging out and he had his tail in his mouth.

i'm not a breeding xpert or anything, but have u thought of putting yang in another cage :?: and if so will she have the light ir room or whatever she needs :?: and if ur going away do you have someone coming to take care of them, cuz now that this happened you may want someone to come check on them, and btw :idea: im sophia and i have a stinkpot named deven :blob8: . i'm also going to try to reasearch all this :study: cuz i'm bored :| and wanted 2 help. kk byby :D !

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thankyou, sophia :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . we dont have room for another tank, so im thinking about finding another home for the male. he did it again, and one person said hed kill her. the other person disagreed. and now, he isnt even eating. he just lies around with his head down becoming emaciated. do i have to force feed him? i dont want yang or gui to die.
replies are highly appreciated :D :D :D !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom