The woodchip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmoore88

Beardie name(s)
George and Pip
When I got the tank set up, it came with what you can see here, the woodchip. I'm changing it to tiles this week.
They don't slip or slide on the tiles though right? since Nessie likes to skydive from her log and then run to the glass a lot.

image_zpsc28f7747.jpg

Her log
image_zps6c7bc808.jpg

doe222

Juvie Member
O yes they slip and slide, you can go with a slate tile which will give more traction. Or you can put mod podge down and sprinkle with sand for traction.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What a photogenic beardie you have there! Loved her pose in the first pic!

nmoore88

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
George and Pip
All tiled today, with real stone tiles so we won't be sliding about! I can now relax knowing that she isn't going to eat bits of woodchip :shock: phew.

image_zps4c8a02e3.jpg

doe222

Juvie Member
Looks great, may i suggest trying to fill those gaps between the stones? I would put somthing like a false bottom like a piece of cardboard or somthing and create a floor on that with grout and everything, so you can still remove it from your viv. Poop will seep right through and ruin the wood underneath, trust me i learned the hardway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom