The Ultimate Enclosure!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeJHB

Original Poster
Google sketchup is great for designing enclosures- the one above took about an hour. The thing to remember is each "side" of the enclosure also has a thickness. I've seen many people's enclosure designs, and they often forget that each wooded plank has a 3D shape as well, with a thickness, length and height.
I always design furniture before making it. It helps iron out the wonky bits :D

For example- the design above almost turned out a failure. The central beams in the picture, which form the central dividing slot, also perform a structural function. I am not fixing any of the glass panels, they will slide into slots in the wood. This means the front panel is barely attached to the sides. This is why I included two central dividing beams- without them the front panel would be very fragile, and easy to break. If I didn't design it first, I probably would not have seen this.

JakeJHB

Original Poster
Here an idea for the interior, the wood will still be decorated to be more natural. Thing is it seems a bit boring? I tried to make it a mirror image on either side. That way it's not a whole new interior if I divide it up.
Any ideas?
CageInterior1.jpg

CageInterior2.jpg

kirby

Extreme Poster
it looks really good, although, my beardies would poop ALL OVER That.. so i have to keep it simple. lts hope your little guy finds a nice and easy spot to deposit his 'gifts' or appreciation.

That water fall is likely going to raise the humidity so I'd keep an eye on that. That looks beautiful otherwise. Poop shouldn't be a problem because they tend to poop in the same areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom