The Thread of the Mighty DIO, Speedwagon and Levi

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I feel like i'm confident enough with DIO's care to retire my thread under health!
Many thanks to CooperDragon and AHBD for their help in that thread!

So here I will keep you updated on DIO's journey to becoming the future world monarch!

Think i'm joking?
Look at this:

79839-9645730247.jpg

The face of a sinister schemer!

Ruby is around a year and a half now. She went through brumation last year too. I figured she could just be adjusting from that experience though. They told me she is completely healthy besides her prolapse it was just straining that caused it. I was told by our exotics vet that prolapses are fairly common but you should be aware which i now am considering I cried so much at the vet. She is like my child. She isnt my first beardie either. I was told when I bought my previous beardie that i could feed him lettuce but turns out after reading more after he died thats not what i should feed him at all. so upon the arrival of ruby i made sure to do more research and she has a balanced diet. So its probably a little bit of recovering and a bit of her starting brumation. thats my guess.

Toxinom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardielover9996":2mlgda6z said:
Ruby is around a year and a half now. She went through brumation last year too. I figured she could just be adjusting from that experience though. They told me she is completely healthy besides her prolapse it was just straining that caused it. I was told by our exotics vet that prolapses are fairly common but you should be aware which i now am considering I cried so much at the vet. She is like my child. She isnt my first beardie either. I was told when I bought my previous beardie that i could feed him lettuce but turns out after reading more after he died thats not what i should feed him at all. so upon the arrival of ruby i made sure to do more research and she has a balanced diet. So its probably a little bit of recovering and a bit of her starting brumation. thats my guess.

I'm sorry to hear that :( What was the name of your first Beardie?

Toxinom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I hope the link I posted can help. If not you should browse/start a thread under the ER board where more senior/experienced members will see and help you try to sort out Ruby!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is she doing? As mentioned, if you start your own thread in the ER section you'll get visibility from many more experienced folks on here who are glad to try and help. The link that was posted is good advice so I hope it's helpful. If you need further veterinary assistance, I would call your vet and discuss payment plans or reduced rates if possible. I've found that a lot of vets are willing to work with you on payment for the service they provide. They are generally good folks who want to do their best to help animals. There are also insurance plans available now that will cover vet visits for low monthly payments.

I was able to give her a sugar/water bath and put Vaseline gel around her cloaca and her prolapse. The swelling went down so much. I talked to the vet he said I can use the Vaseline gel and a qtip in order to try and get her prolapse back in her cloaca. He said it's safe as long as you're gentle. So when I get home I'm going to try and do that if she isn't swelled again if so then I'll get the swelling down again and do it. I know what caused it. She just needs a better change in her diet. So she doesn't become constipated. Hopefully if I can fix the prolapse she will be alright after.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good to hear the swelling went down. Hopefully it will remain that way and you'll be able to set everything straight. Perhaps try some baby food for now. It's soft and easier to digest. I've had good luck with squash and green bean baby foods. You can also try some plain chicken or turkey if you want to add a little protein but the veg should be enough for the time being.

Toxinom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sometimes DIO surprises me with cleverness. She has started making the middle of her tank her main pooping grounds, and whenever she finishes she comes to the cool side (the closest one to me) and glass surfs and keeps banging her snout into the glass until the noise gets my attention!

Toxinom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hectic afternoon. My mother came home from work while I was napping, and Levi prolapsed again. We took him to our Medvet ER, and according to them Levi's bladder popped out as well this time. His diet has been given an okay by the vet, annoyingly our thermometer is broken so we will need to buy a replacement. We're not sure if MBD could be a factor. I'll post a picture later of his tank- too exhausted/stressed to attach it right now. The vet got a fecal sample and thinks it might be an excess of his natural bacteria/parasites, so she recommended we give Levi antibacterial meds orally for ten days, clean his tank daily with dilated bleach water and send in a new sample of his poop when his meds run out.

So Levi is in the holding pen on several layers of papertowel. He had a tiny bowel movement and started to bulge, which gave me a heart attack, but he managed to get it out without a full prolapse.

Ironically, earlier today I took pictures of the three dragons and went to edit them together. Not happy with the result, but it's not bad for a first attempt.

79839-9587965784.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy! I hope he's able to heal quickly and completely this time around. That must be really rough on both of you =/

Toxinom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, i'm still pretty stressed. Starting tomorrow he'll be getting a daily home clean sweep, and possibly a bath everyday or every other day. His bowel movements have been perfectly healthy until today, so I was very surprised.

Toxinom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The coccidia cleaner has not arrived yet, but I have been giving Levi a daily bath and fresh paper towel substrate.

I constantly massage his tummy in the water, and as we go, I can feel Levi doesn't strain nearly as much, so we're getting there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom