The Sweet Life of Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introducing Kobe!

Kobe joined our family on Tuesday, Jan. 30th. He is just over 4 months old (Sept. 25th hatch date) and weighs in at 42g. He's been a very social little guy since the minute he arrived. His first hour with us he ate some greens, pooped on his hammock (twice!) and showed-off his little, sexy legs.

This thread will be used to share Kobe's story and LOTS of pictures. :D
*** my other thread, "Adventures of Rocky the Rescue" will not be updated

Be sure to check back often for updates!

86272-9443408534.jpg
86272-558101638.jpg
86272-9977324032.jpg
86272-3168366919.jpg

KozmoRox

Oh my goodness, so Adorable!! Its been a while since Kozmo was that age, looks just like her too :D ... boy was she feisty(and still is)! She's about a year and a half now and just came out of brumation after 5mos. Love seeing your pics, takes me back to baby beardie days! Thanks for sharing!

dezismom

Juvie Member
love the photos! What a great pose--we call that "sexy leg" on this site...I have even seen some photos of double sexy leg! (swoon!) How great are Beardies, even when they insist on exploring the blocked off part of their vivarium, right before you have to leave for work! Sounds like he was ready for more space.

Kobe has a very pretty coloring.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KozmoRox":3ma18996 said:
Oh my goodness, so Adorable!! Its been a while since Kozmo was that age, looks just like her too :D ... boy was she feisty(and still is)! She's about a year and a half now and just came out of brumation after 5mos. Love seeing your pics, takes me back to baby beardie days! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words! It's been 11 years since I've had a baby beardie. It's taking me some time to get back into baby mode. But they are completely adorable at this age. My husband insisted that the next dragon would be a baby and I argued for a bit. I wanted another rescue, but he ultimately won that battle. My last dragon was adopted as a young adult and was already in the "lounge lizard" stage. While he was fun, nothing quite compares to the babies.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
dezismom":36jaj48j said:
love the photos! What a great pose--we call that "sexy leg" on this site...I have even seen some photos of double sexy leg! (swoon!) How great are Beardies, even when they insist on exploring the blocked off part of their vivarium, right before you have to leave for work! Sounds like he was ready for more space.

Kobe has a very pretty coloring.

Yep, I know all about the "sexy leg" poses. Aren't they sweet? Kobe has been doing lots of "double sexy leg" poses for me the past week. Those little, sexy legs make me smile.

I can't wait to see how his color develops. My first beardie, Zilla, was very dark orange and red. I was always excited to see him shed and watch his colors change.

dezismom

Juvie Member
oh, no! Ha, ha! ha! What a little ham bone! This one has some extra personality....just too funny! Reminds me of my Dezi, at that age!! (and that is as high a compliment as can be, from me) thank you for sharing these great photos of beardie fabulousness! My boy Dezi, His Lizardness, was asleep on my chest, when I saw this photo, and I burst out laughing so hard, it woke him up...he just turned his head up and gave me the stink eye, like nobody can do better! Wish I could get a photo of that--actually, I do have one of his giving me the hairy eyeball, which is not quite as serious as the stink eye, but is pretty good none the less...it happened when he got stuck in a very odd position, while trying to reach a table. I kept laughing and taking his picture, and he was not very pleased...I did finally assist him, BTW.
Please keep sending out those adorable Kobe -grams!

here is Dezis hairy eyeball look...
82765-474091266.jpg

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Someone's got a bit of an attitude today. Kobe had Dubias for lunch. Now he wants more.

"Give me my Dubia NOW!"
86272-7287382474.jpg

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
dezismom":12k9wzyr said:
Kobe!!That is attitude, all right, with a capital "A"! You rule, Kobe...

Yep, he's a little stinker. Now that he knows there are Dubias in the house, he's been on a rampage. Runs around the front of his tank every time I walk by. He's really going to be pissed when daddy gives him crickets tonight instead of Dubias! :lol:

dezismom

Juvie Member
Kobe looks like he has plenty of energy! Poor boy, having crickets, instead of his dubias..."what does a guy have to do, to get some good service, around here?! " Dez gives me that look, when I offer him greens. He looks at me after one bite, as if to say, "are you kidding me?" Oh, what spoiled little despots we have!

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Kobe refused the crickets that daddy tried to give him last night. :angry5: But of course, he devoured the Dubias that mommy offered him for lunch today.

Needless to say, he's quite happy at the moment.
86272-3381108814.jpg

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Finally got my "real" camera out to take some pics of Kobe. Poor guy is going to to be sick of me.
86272-6418380272.jpg

86272-8408675082.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom