The REAL Slim Shady! (Anniversry Edition!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all! I just got my beardie, Slim, a few days ago. My dad called him Slim Shady as a joke and it stuck!

I thought I'd keep a diary-type thing here like many of you seem to do. Every day I get so excited about him, I want to keep some kind of log of his growth. I also want to eventually post a picture of the underside of his tail to get some help sexing him.

Day 1, 11/24/12: Taking him home in a Kritter Keeper. I wanted him to come around on his own, so I put the box he came in in the Keeper and let him come out gradually during the car ride.

604094_10200111640856415_1475660546_n.jpg

He's so adorable, and a little rascal, too! Here are some other pics of him during our first week together:

Cuddling with mommy!
59649_10200124152649202_1395310785_n.jpg

Like the poster child for cuteness.
483569_10200123778199841_1383655870_n.jpg

Sleepy time!
704440_10200124359414371_1314729809_o.jpg

"Check out my sexy curves!"
374522_10200124152849207_1737942040_n.jpg

Loving his new hammock.
704575_10200130910538145_1429029583_o.jpg

The first day he didn't eat much, being new to his environment and all. It took a few days, but by day two or three he was wolfing down crickets like it was his day job. He's still warming up to me, very very slowly, but today I saw lots of progress! I dipped a few mealworms in some baby food (I know mealworms aren't ideal, but the store is out of crickets and I'm waiting on a shipment still) and fed them to him, then actually got him to lick some off my finger! He loves Gerber's organic squash baby food... it's just organic squash and water. :)

He's still not entirely trusting of me... unless I have food in my hands, of course. But hopefully this thread evolves to include more good news about him coming around. :love5:

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think Slim's getting ready to shed, not just that arm but his whole body. From his nose to the tip of his tail, he's practically white!

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here's the baby falling asleep on momma tonight... Had him all cuddled up to stay warm while his tank stuff dried from a cleaning and he passed out... I think the wood is still a bit damp on the inside, so the humidity in the tank is at about 55%, according to my admittedly off-kilter stick-on thermometer/hydrometer :( I'm a little worried about it. I put him in the drier end, though, under the night light and wrapped him in a towel <3

Notice his paler skin... he's definitely getting close to a MASSIVE full-body shed!

JMWjL.jpg

ZNJ6B.jpg

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yes, yes it does! he makes me so happy :love5:

also, i just realized what was raising the humidity. i made the stupid mistake of washing the carpet, wringing it out, and throwing it back into the tank still dampn thinking the lamps would dry it out. i lifted it out of curiosity and the bottom of the tank was wet with condensation! i removed the branch and the carpet and left them in the bathroom to dry and put slim back into the tank after wiping down the bottom. the humidity is already dropping now so he should be okay. im so glad i checked!!

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Dreamwritten":12679vu2 said:
Here's the baby falling asleep on momma tonight... Had him all cuddled up to stay warm while his tank stuff dried from a cleaning and he passed out... I think the wood is still a bit damp on the inside, so the humidity in the tank is at about 55%, according to my admittedly off-kilter stick-on thermometer/hydrometer :( I'm a little worried about it. I put him in the drier end, though, under the night light and wrapped him in a towel <3

Notice his paler skin... he's definitely getting close to a MASSIVE full-body shed!

JMWjL.jpg

ZNJ6B.jpg

Wow!He is very white!This will definitely be A huge body shed,looks like he was playing in flour!

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
RIGHT?! He's already shed his two right legs from my scrubbing to get rid of the retained shed. His nose has started and i think his other legs might be next.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Looks like he's ready to explode any minute now with an extreme shed!
Love the pics,especially the sexy legs and the one on the hammock.So cute :D !

Dreamwritten

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh, he has officially exploded! His little legs are all about done, and now it's traveling to the tail. His head has started too. Poor thing looks so uncomfy! I try to help remove some for him, but obviously only the ones that are already falling off/have detached from his scales. He has a hard time getting them out from between his toes and such.

The tip of his tail is still a little dark... I'm hoping it gets better with this shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom