The power of apples!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Just thought I would share my real world experience with an often sighted remedy for a mild case of impaction...good old fashion apple sauce! My 1.7 year old female bearded dragon, who normally poops daily, went through a dry spell for the last week. Growing concerned I started giving twice daily warm baths, and made sure she spent some time basking. Finally, today, I resorted to some apple sauce followed by a warm bath and BAM, she pooped!

I attribute the problem to a few days of late feedings playing havoc with her normally extremely reliable GI tract. Though, I will be watching closely for the next week or so to see if its a more serious problem.

Anyways, just posting a positive result using apple sauce (actually organic apple baby food). Note, that serious cases of impaction should be treated by a vet...but if your dragons get a little plugged up, perhaps give some apple sauce a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom