The Odd Couple Of Sandhill- Oscar and Mia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a short update on my boys, as I can't sit with my leg down for very long.

Putzy seems to be spending most of his day, dozing. Except for when we go out for some sun, which is when he perks up and tries to escape. I need to order him a new light as his present one is about 6 months old now. Hopefully that will help wake him up and get his appetite going again.

Oscar, on the other hand, is, well, a bottomless pit. He will eat any thing, anywhere, anytime. This includes my fingers, my hair, my feet etc. If it moves, he tries to nom it. As soon as I have the $200+ for his vet visit, it's fun time. (loves going for rides) But his poops are getting firmer and less stinky, so I think it was mainly due to his cricket diet and suddenly getting as much food (bugs and salad) as his not so little tummy could hold.

I'll be posting new pics as soon as I get this dinosaur 'puter to upload the software for my camera. Night all, from me and my boys!

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Her Royal Laziness has decided that moving is over rated. She has been parked on her basking rock since Tuesday. I am required to hold her food dish up, so she can chow down without moving more than her head. Salad, however, must be given one mouthful at a time, by hand! I did try at first to just wait her out, saying "There's your salad, Eat your salad." Osca (being much better at emotional blackmail than me) simply looked at the dish, tilted her head and gave me the Look. You guys know the one. That " I'm so cute and helpless, I luvs you, human!" Of course, I caved. What can I say? I am so :whip:

Todd has been having to work nights for the past 2 weeks, and I find it hard to fall asleep when I'm alone in the house. So, Mia has finally stepped up and begun to do her kitten job. She won't get on the bed if Todd is home (tends to move too much and kick her) but will curl up at the bottom of the bed when I'm alone. Don't ask me what that changes, :dontknow: but for some silly reason, just knowing she's there, lets me relax and fall asleep.

My plans to start my driving lessons this month have been shelved temporarily. The month of July is vacation time, so I'm bouncing all over the place, filling in for everyone else's time off. Once the September schedule is posted, I should be able to get behind the wheel finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom