the mother of all enclosures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kevindeeley12":932f8 said:
I like your tanks, but I would get rid of the sand asap. Sand is never good for a bearded dragon. Besides that, cool!
ive always used play sand never had any problems. i dont put my dragons on sand untill they are at least 11'' though. i dont use any other sand other than playsand either. non of that calci sand. but i mean really you cant say sand is bad for them...cuz im pretty sure that in the wild they are not on tile and reptile carpet.

but ive never had any issues on sand and i feel that it is 50 times easier to clean.
p.s. this isnt my first rodeo.. :wink:

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i feel the same way! my focus on this thread is my vivs... not husbandry.

but anyways...thanks! i worked really hard on them! i have some even better plans for my next ones! :D
i think im even going to build a climate controlled enclosure for my dubia colony on the same concept. but just have the door on the top with a ceramic heat emitter instead of a light bulb. that way my roaches will always be the right temp to reproduce.

neecie

Juvie Member
WOW...............I'm really impressed. More electrical stuff than i'd ever imagine. Thanks for sharing the photos and progress. I bought a pumpkin and moved around the rocks today, and thought I did a lot. Hope to catch a cute photo on the pumpkin.

neecie

Juvie Member
terrarium is for plants.............way back in the hippy days i took a class on building a terrarium from a big water bottle and all the plants had to be put in with a coat hanger thru the little top hole - then the moisture from the plants was to keep them growing. RESULTS: the plants got too big for the bottle. ha! but it was a kick.

LJean

Extreme Poster
A viv is a vivarium:
A vivarium (Latin, literally for "place of life;" plural: vivaria or vivariums) is an area, usually enclosed, for keeping and raising animals or plants for observation or research. Often, a portion of the ecosystem for a particular species is simulated on a smaller scale, with controls for environmental conditions.

LJean

Extreme Poster
beardiebandit":a9ee1 said:
i feel the same way! my focus on this thread is my vivs... not husbandry.

but anyways...thanks! i worked really hard on them! i have some even better plans for my next ones! :D

Yes, no husbandry arguing here. ;)

Here you are planning the next ones and I am trying to convince my husband to build me what you just made, LOL

LittleRob

Hatchling Member
Those are some good looking Beardie homes. As far as your bulbs what kind of setup you got going on in those for enclosers. Like is that a 24in flourecent fixture. And Maybe what bulb your using. And any problem with the MDF getting to hot? Or any probs maybe your thinkin of fixing. Onlytime I've used it is for build speaker enclosers for car/trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom