The Misadventures Of Yoshi! R.I.P Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Yoshi's new and improved thread! Previously i had started a thread for Yoshi but didn't have the time to update it. But I am back after Yoshi's water scare a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to make sure i updated this thread so i can look back and enjoy what i have written about him. Enough about where i have been, more about the main star of this thread YOSHI :blob5: :blob8:
I had gotten Yoshi about three years ago, when i got him he was though to be 2 or 3, so that makes him either 5 or 6 years old! Sh don't don't tell him he is getting old , he has been going through a mid life crisis lately. Can bearded dragons even have mid life crisis'? Well anyways he is a happy bearded dragon with the right setup.
HOW ABOUT SOME PICTURES?
Well Here you go!

i was messing around with filters and this happend

Him saying give me more worms I dont work for free :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I love the name Yoshi, my favorite Mario character.

Speaking of characters, it seems like your boy has a character all is own. Glad everything is going well for you two!

TheBeardieSlave

Original Poster
Poor Yoshi :(
He aspirated water again in his bath again. I Didn't even see him drink water this time
Then when i tilted him he threw up an undigested worm now, I was really worried because his temps in his cage are fine his basking spot is about 100 and he spend most of his day on it. Also he lost interest in his worms and salad like 3 weeks ago, and i figured it was just brumation. But know that he is throwing up his undigested food im really worried, can anyone shed any light on what going on?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Unfortunately I have no idea. Have you tried posting something in the health forums?

I hope everything is all right.

TheBeardieSlave

Original Poster
Well Yoshi is doing better, why does he insist in scaring me? Do any of you have any idea of what i can do to keep this from happening again?
but here are some pics
This is him from last night passed out haha

Some from today during his episode

and this one is of our dog with booties on :lol:

TheBeardieSlave

Original Poster
So today Yoshi is back to normal, I will probably keep his cage at like 80 degrees over night to ward of a respiratory infection. I have no idea how to keep him from almost drowning himself in the bath every time i give him one. Does anyone have any ideas? Anyways he is doing good, still not wanting to eat anything. Thats All for now! I might post some pictures later, it all depends if he lets me take any :lol:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
You could try lowering the bath water levels maybe. That's the only thing I can think of. Or hold his head up the entire time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad he's gotten over his episode with the water, and with no lasting bad effects ! He's a cutie :) [ like they all are ] I was wondering , though, if he has a problem with his mouth ? It looks like there may be a touch of infection ?

TheBeardieSlave

Original Poster
No there inst anything wrong with his mouth its just some food that dried on their and i cant exactly get it off him without giving him a bath, which i would rather avoid at the moment.
Thanks for the concern though! :D

TheBeardieSlave

Original Poster
Yoshi is finally eating again...sorta. He ate 4 super worms today and some salad. This is nothing compared to how much he was eating about a month ago. Brumation really sucks. Maybe he will eat more tomorrow, he has never been a big salad eater, no matter how hard i try he just wont eat it with the gusto that some other beardies do. Thats all for now!

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
He is a cute little guy.

I would kind of agree though doesn't quite look like an overbite per say but maybe some inflammation?? I don't think they can get inflammation at the mouth but it does look like infection??

Also, is the reptihammock what you use for his basking spot? Not trying to harp on you, but those aren't trully recommended for basking as they do not retain heat. I mean he is a grown lizard so no need to change your ways if you don't want, but something to think about if you decide to get you a younger one sometime as basking is crucial at the younger stages with live prey

- Justin

TheBeardieSlave

Original Poster
Thanks DixieLonestar
I don't know about about the mouth infection thing. The black stuff around his mouth is food.But as far as the inflammation i do not know. I really don't want to take him to the vet if its nothing because the nearest one is 1 hr away. If you think i should i will. Also as far as the repti-hammock he usually doesn't go on it he is usually on the basking platform below, but ill move it if you think it better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom