The maniac escape artist - fat evil Houdini now with video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left to go to the store to buy supplies for the worms and roaches. Well, I was gone for about an hour and during that time Toki got out of her enclosure, jumped off the counter and made it across the room under the couch by Scorch's viv. Her current viv has a metal bar top and I thought it was too tall for her to jump up to the grate. I don't know how long she was out, but when I got home the dogs where going CRAZY. They immediately ran to the couch and where whining. I knew something was wrong so I told them to go outside. Then I looked under the CHEWED leather couch to find a cold and frightened baby. Scorch was hiding in her log. I am sure she wasn't too pleased about the commotion either. The poor thing was so traumatized, but it doesn't look like she is hurt. The hubby and Nic are at the store right now buying a different enclose so there will be no more Houdini escapes! Needless to say I will have to lock the dogs in a different room when we are gone. They are usually put in a kennel, but the hubby put in the garage this morning :roll: so I told him it was his fault the couch got chewed cause I wasn't strong enough to haul it back in alone as the boys had all gone shooting with some friends this morning. All I have to say about my mini heart attack is Thank God that it wasn't Scorch that got out (Daddy's favorite) He loves that lizard more than me!! or I would be outside with the dogs!

albitjerz

Hatchling Member
WOW, sounds like the goings on at your place are bizzy today! Hope you are waching the escapee verry carfuly to be shure he/ she isnt hurt inside. If you see aney sighns of an injury hurry on to the vet soon as you can. Glad to here you have a new viv comming today! Keep on smiling you never know what life is going to throw your way.
PS sorry about the couch...that stinks.
Lisa and Puff

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
Wow- Thanks for enlightening me... I just have the top sitting on, never thought about my guy getting out - I'm gonna have to get some clips for the screened top. Well, I'm glad it all worked out and your baby wasn't hurt!!! :wink:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh wow poor baby im sure she was scared to death! *hugs* Im just so glad she wasnt hurt.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok, so we got Toki into her new viv last night. A 20 gallon long with a mesh screen top. She ate well last night and gobbled down six small roaches for breakfast this morning, so she seems to be fine. HOWEVER, her little escapade with the dogs yesterday hasn't seemed to effect her interest in ESCAPING!! I was just sitting on the couch and I kept hearing this noise coming from her viv. It sounded like someone was thumping the screen. Then I look over there and she is sitting on top of her log. With this "Who me? I'm not doing anything" look. So I sit back down. Sure enough a couple minutes later THUMP. SO I look up and catch her jumping up and down on her log and trying to grab the screen with her front feet! She is definately a little SH**!! If this continues she is going to need a new name. Maybe P.I.T.A. For pain in the a**!!!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, still jumping from the top of the log today, but not as much. Reason seems to be that she looks like a log today. She has been gorging herself on roaches and strawberries and her body looks like a sausage with legs. I guess it is not as easy to do acrobatics skills with an overly full belly! Good thing is she is not showing any signs of injury whatsoever from her little escapade last Sunday. I am going to take a video of her little log dance if she does it again tomorrow as I will have the camera at the ready. The hubby has already forgiven the dogs for chewing the couch as I witnessed him giving them left over ribs in the kitchen after dinner on Tuesday. I guess they are just too cute to stay mad at for long. An introduction was made through the glass of Toki's cage yesterday. Scorch puffed and Toki slowly backed away. Today Scorch seemed totally disinterested when we introduced them face to face out of their cages. Both being held of course, as Scorch could most likely make a meal out of the little tegu still.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This morning at 8am I came home from dropping off the jr high student to find a sad and dejected Toki. Apparently while I was gone she managed to jump onto her top screen and was hanging upside down by all four of her feet. Swift punishment ensued as her daddy, Nic, did not like this and was afraid she was going to hurt herself. He removed her nice big log and replaced it with a tiny one that her tail will stick out of! Needless to say she was did not look happy about the situation and was basking directly under the light on the GROUND with a look of how dare he on her face. Apparently this new insult did not hinder her apatite as she was looking rather plump. LOL

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yeah! She is quite a character. I have a feeling the dogs are going to be sorry later if she is the grudge holding type because she will eventually be larger than them! haha
Nic is loving being a first time daddy. He has been getting up nice and early to feed and bathe her before he starts his schoolwork. After only one week she had already learned to associate the tweezers with food. If she is hungry she gets so excited when she sees them and will follow and jump up and down trying to get at them. She was eating chicken and apple baby food for him today off of a spoon. I gotta take more pics.
Julien is also enjoying having a new baby in the house. When Nic went over to a friend's last night to watch the fights he had Toki out for some night time snuggles before bedtime :D
Scorch still doesn't seem to care about the new addition. It will be interesting to see as Toki gets larger if that changes.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
NAAAAAH! Regardless of how big Toki gets, Scorch knows that she is still the queen of the mansion :wink:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh, I don't doubt that. It's just she ignores her now, I wonder if that will change as Toki gets bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom