The life of the little one Evelyn Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

jewl495

Juvie Member
I didn't know Evie had her own thread. I had kind of wondered if you and Evie were still on the boards. Love the video by the way gave me a good chuckle! My goodness, I don't think I'd be hand feeding her for a while and boy can that girl jump!
Julie

alcolton

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jewl495":x6uszdxt said:
My goodness, I don't think I'd be hand feeding her for a while and boy can that girl jump!

The best thing is that when I do feed her by hand she is the most sweet and gentle girl ever! I love the personality she has :D

And thanks for reading about Evie! (I am addicted to this site, so there will be more and more updates soon!) :D

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Had to check out your posts after your kind words. That little girl is stunning and very healthy looking! Good job with her! They are so cute when they are that little. Enjoy her!

alcolton

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am in the process of moving. And Evie has been moved across town and is now hanging out in our new home. On the ride over (in an Iowa winter) she was in her moving box with the heat blowing full blast on her. I think she actually loved the ride :D The first night I stayed at the new house, Eve was snuggled up in my neck and my boy decided to pet her....well she did not want to be touched, or me to be touched because she puffed up huge and hissed at him. I warned him to not mess with her when it was snuggle time :wink:

I'll put up new photos in a few days. I hope everyone enjoyed their new years!

Allison

alcolton

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well my world of updating as been pretty bad lately, we are working on signing up for internet at the new house but for some reason both my roomie and I aren't rushing around to do it. Maybe there is something wonderful about not having cable and internet for a few weeks and just hanging out...Although it was really weird for me to use the 1-877 number to call PetCo and order my crickets. I finally did it, I ordered my first pack of 1000 crickets for Evie. I can't believe how big she has gotten and how much she eats!

I did get a scale and she is in the 170ish grams weight now...it feels like yesterday that I found this website and was asking for advice because she was so sick and was so small weighing around 40 grams. :shock: The boy now calls her "chub chub" and I just explain that her tail weighs a lot :wink:

So for the crickets....I have the large rubbermaid container for them, and I am going to use cardboard egg cartons for them inside of it. But the thing is that I have to store them down in the basement and since I live in the midwest it gets cold here. I was going to get one of the larger heating pads and put it under the container and on a timer to turn on and off during the day and night. I know there is the orange cricket food (I have been using this since I was keeping a smaller amount of crickets, but now with so many of them....) I was wondering what do you all use to gut-load your crickets? And for the water someone suggested to get a water dish and then get sponges to fill the whole thing and have those soaked with water for the crickets....what are your suggestions for food/water/keeping crickets in general?

Thanks everyone!!

alcolton

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well it has been a long time since I have updated. School has taken over all my spare moments, but at least I love my classes and I'm rocking in them! :D Here are a few photos to show how big my little girl is now, and how much her personality is the best (of course I maybe a little bias, but Evie is like many other wonderful beardies out there and is just perfect :p ) Every day I wake up to her sitting in her viv and just looking at me, then we have some time hanging out together before I have to leave for class. If the boy is over (which is often) he will get up and then bring Evie into bed with us to say good morning. I think he may like her more than me on some days! Then she gets her breakfast of greens, crickets, and wormies and I'm off to class for the day. During the afternoon we hang out when I get some homework done, and then I tuck her in her blanket, (when the boy doesn't push me out of the way to do it) and she drifts off to beardie dreams for the night.

Months and months ago we had a bit of a problem with her puffing out and hissing and running away from me as much as possible when I would try to pick her up out of her viv, but that only lasted about a week or two and since then she has been the biggest sweetie. I love how she will just hang out on my shoulder or lap when I am doing my homework, watching tv, or just hanging out. And I cannot get enough of her cuddling with me. All of my friends laugh at me when I say that I cuddle and snuggle with my bearded dragon, and then when they come over and see it, and they cuddle too, they are just amazed. Today I had a four hour break between my shifts at work, and during that time I had my dinner (which she just sat next to me the whole time) and then afterwards we were laying on my bed together. She decided that she really liked laying on top of one of my teddy bears, and so I rested my head by her and her new teddy friend and began to pet her. She then wiggled her way as close as she could get to me (while still laying on the teddy). Little Evie ended up with one of her front hands and her nose resting on my arm to sleep. I just love her so much. As I write this update she is passed out with one of her arms hanging off of her "lizard hammock". This has become one of her other favorite positions to sleep :D

DSC01868.jpg

Here we are getting ready for New Years Eve

DSC01896.jpg

She is only 9 inches long here, but man has she grown since this photo! (I will take a new one soon)

DSC01900.jpg

Check out those cute toes!

DSC01908.jpg

Close up of my little one

DSC01918-1.jpg

Bright pretty colors

DSC01929-1.jpg

Lizard butt!

DSC02040.jpg

Lounging in her hammock. Her front leg is actually hanging on the outside of the hammock :D

DSC02050.jpg

Peek a boo!

DSC02083.jpg

And after I got home from class one day, she was doing this...
I told her it was not very lady like and yes, I would give her some more crickets!! lol

DSC02093-1.jpg

Evie cuddling up with her Gigi to wish her a Happy Birthday!

DSC02111-1.jpg

Her new spot to get some fresh air and relax

DSC02114.jpg

And here she is cuddled and snuggled up on "her" teddy earlier today. I just can't get enough of this little girl! :love5:

Have a wonderful day everyone, and thank you for reading about us! I hope to update more often than once a few months now :wink:

bltkpo

Juvie Member
Holy Dina Evie has grown! She is precious! What a little snuggle bug! She's quite beautiful!

Glad classes are going well. I've been out of college a year and I miss it something bad now :( You don't realize how great it is till you are gone! It must be nearly exam time, so good luck!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Evie is beautiful, her colors are impressive. I love the story you told about sleeping on her teddy with one arm and her nose touching you. It's amazing how sweet these awesome little creatures can be. I know how you feel, I just can't get enough of my Sunny!! I say hello to her before I greet my boyfriend, I give her kisses and cuddles more than I do him... hahahaha.. It's his fault. He wanted a bearded dragon and I didn't know anything about them. I did my research and grew to love our Frank, and became jealous of the bond they had. He was getting all the beardie snuggles and I wanted some too. So I found Sunny and fell in love with her the second she got here. She's definitely my dragon, and is such a little cuddle bug! Anyway back to Evie, she's so cute, and I actually like the way her tail is! It makes her stand out from the rest. You should definitely post more pictures of her!!

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom