The Life of King George. My Dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first picked up my little George from a breeder in august, this is a picture of him in the first few days after I purchased him, he weighed only 23 Grams. We got the idea for he's name after Kate and Williams baby George, hence why I call him king george :lol:

20130817_140546.jpg

Here he is snoozing on he's log :p I no longer have the decoration anymore as he needed the space.

And here he is again doing what I can only suggest is 'grappling' :?: he is a funny one :D

20130824_103647.jpg

About a month past, and some sheds later, and a whole lot of crickets later, he has become a beast of a dragon. During this picture posted here, he weighed 75 grams in september, at 3 months old. He also has some very prominent orange colour markings now!

20131002_133658.jpg

Doing what he does best ! 'stalking' a cricket for 10 minutes before pouncing onto it and devouring it mwuahahah!

I am the KING! and I demand food!
20131002_143310.jpg

Last week he was seen rein-acting part of a war film by standing to attention when he saw a bird fly past my window :lol:

20131001_204404.jpg

Today I took this photo of the fat beast that is King George, who has already eaten all he's vegetables (basil and watercress) as well as 52 crickets and he was spotted by me sat like....well....a tank!

20131019_192819.jpg

He now weighs a huge 130 Grams and he is only about 4 months old now! :eek: he is about 13 / 14 inches the last time I measured him too which was thursday 24th 2013!

I will keep this post updated with the life of king george! :blob5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, welcome King George, he sure has grown ALOT :shock: What wonderful pictures, aren't dragons just the best? Please post as many pics as you can, I love dragon pics! I have 6 of them and can't help but take pics all the time!

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
Thankyou :D they are amazing creatures and I will keep posting pictures! as it goes I think he's growth spurts have been purely because of the way I feed him, before he gets crickets, he eats all he's salad on a morning, then he knows what he will get afterwards for being good, a big cricket surprise, I regularly feed him dubia roaches and calci-worms and he lives in a 4 foot viv so plenty of room to get fat in :lol:

This morning I took this handsome one of him (don't know the sex yet haha)

20131001_153657.jpg

I WILL DEVOURER THOSE LEAVES MWUAHAHAHAHA! I've never known a dragon like him, but he will eat so many salads it's a wonder he hasn't turned green.

20131022_104826.jpg

lexus465

Juvie Member
He is quite handsome! Love the pictures too.

What are you using for substrate? I don't think I've seen anything like it.

lexus465

Juvie Member
I think it's so funny when they do that! Like a guy undoing his belt before thanksgiving dinner! :lol:

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
He is a reallt handsome boy! And a fat boy, he makes a right thud when he jumps of something!:p and lexus its just lino but i had to shop around for the perfecr colour and everything and this one fit right into the scenary, cost a tenner and just stuck down with double sided tape and silicone round the edges :D

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
It is geeat because the darker patches of the lino are rough so when he scratches the lino he trims hes nails :D

Btw do you trim theie nails or do they control themselves.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I use newspaper for substrate so I clip their nails when they get too long and I don't have a problem with it. I use a small nail clipper and just take off the very end. Works great, none of them have a problem with it.

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
Oh I am not going to as a baby think its too early! But he really does have a killer scratch at nighttime he sleeps on my belly sometimes for half an hour and he tries to dig :shock: safe to say it hurts!:p

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I used to get my first beardie's nails clipped for free at a pet shop I went to, you might want to ask to see as I know, their nails are razor sharp. If you have a vet, sometimes they'll clip them for free, too.

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
I might as well of called him mike myers! anywho thankyou for the information:)

So yeah, 4 months 2 weeks old is he's age because I text the breeder who said he was born between june 10-15

He weighs 154 Grams now, probably a normal healthy weight no?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom