The Life and Times of Helen Hawking, dbnr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I first noticed Helen Hawking in a classifieds ad, looking for a fellow companion in a lonely world. Her piece sang to me and one picture in particular caught my eye.

IMG_7167_zps2d10d182.jpg

I felt that I had found a kindred spirit, someone with the same zest and zeal for life that I possessed. We spoke at first through an intermediary before finally deciding to meet. She came to me in a rather unorthodox fashion- boxed up and restrained.

DSCF2255_zpsc4f086f9.jpg

But we quickly found common ground and chatted a bit over a light meal.

DSCF2257_zpsd489a8e2.jpg

Something I said must have disturbed her however, because she cut our talk short and scuttled over to a corner, seeking solitude in an unfamiliar environment and leaving me to clean up what was left of her lunch.

DSCF2260_zpse37eaf2c.jpg

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Duct tape has a very strong odor and much more adhesive than a regular tape.
Would it be possible to place a flat rock in each corner that would be heavy enough to hold down the shelf liner?

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Probably. It's normally just the cool side that they tend to hide. I'll see if I can get some bricks or something more square to secure those corners instead then.

Edit: Duck tape is gone and I'll be on the lookout for some appropriate stones :D

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Happy colors!

DSCF2301_zps31a66730.jpg

The area where she's spending most of the day today is showing 103.2 right now, and she seems very comfortable there.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awww, look at that, no stress marks. :D Those sounds like perfect temps for her, she looks quite content. Is she able to get any UVB rays from her favorite spot?

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have the UVB attached to the screen with the basking fixture resting next to the UVB so she's able to get UVB from her spot. She is fairly far from it, at I'm guessing 10" or so. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on a 60 W flood light and see if that'll drop her basking temp to 102 so she can be closer to the UVB.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
randommonks":cle0scon said:
Happy colors!
I think she's checking out that liquor ad. Miss Hawking, you are way too underaged for those sorts of shenanigans!! :eek:
(Kidding. :p She does look sooo content and adorable though! :love5:)

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
snazzyglasses":8k2u55mb said:
I think she's checking out that liquor ad. Miss Hawking, you are way too underaged for those sorts of shenanigans!! :eek:

:lol: Or maybe she's thinking of getting me some long stemmed roses... :wink:

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
randommonks":1gd2tujc said:
snazzyglasses":1gd2tujc said:

:lol: Or maybe she's thinking of getting me some long stemmed roses... :wink:
Oh that too! I like your idea better :)

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No romancing the missus huh Tom? Booze 'er on up! :mrgreen:

Although I did want to ask you about feedings. You had said once a day and Helen Hawking is only eating 3 3/8" to 1/2" dubia per feeding. I know one dubia is equivalent to several crickets so I wonder if you feel comfortable with her eating this much per day, or if you think I should keep with the double feeds until she's eating more?

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank Tom for that! She gave me another scare today when I got home from work when I found poop dried directly on her vent. For some reason, she really likes to lie in her poop while I'm gone and then look at me like it's my fault. :roll: Stinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom