The Ember Rose Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ember Rose Show
Here is a video montage of Ember Rose growing from 12/21/12 to 11/18/13 that I made. Hope you all enjoy.
Photobucket video

Here is the same video just higher resolution on Youtube.
http://youtu.be/a1ILlJUHAjk

I am not much of a poster but I am going to try and post more of my first bearded dragon also with a sprinkling of updates from my other pets.
First I need to get you caught up because I am over a year behind. Be prepared there is a lot of reading ahead but I will add photos here and there to break it up.

Previously on The Ember Rose show:
I always wanted a reptile like an iguana as a pet because they looked cool and I am allergic to most of the fuzzy pets. After a lot of research I knew it was expensive to have an iguana so I never got a reptile

It all started on January 3, 2012 with me finding a dehydrated and skinny green anole in a coworker’s office. So I took the little guy home to get him healthy.My plan was to get him well enough to release him in the spring.

Well I ended up keeping the little guy and named him Enzo. For the first few months I must have spent over $500 on him. He lives in a nice 36X18X18 Reptibreeze enclosure with an awesome custom rock wall I made for him.

August of the same year I went to my first Repticon and saw some very nice reptiles there. After leaving the Con I decided that I wanted another lizard. I was trying to choose between either a gargoyle gecko or bearded dragon because I wanted a lizard that is more handleable than Enzo. Green anoles are more of a pet to watch they don’t like to be bothered.
After researching and weighing some pros and cons of both dragon and gecko. I decided my next pet will be a bearded dragon mostly because geckos are nocturnal. So I had a few months to get ready for my new beardie because I was planning on buying one at the next Repticon that is in January.
Well come November 20 2012 I just happen to find another green anole in a complete different office building and it was so small. So I took this little thing home and put it in the future dragon 20 gallon tank. I was sure that this little anole was a female so she would be able to go in with Enzo. I called the new anole Ivy and I isolated her for a month and had a fecal done before and before putting her in with him.
Here is Ivy

and my favorite photo of Enzo

Luckily I happen to have an exotic vet within walking distance of my house. I told my vet I wanted a bearded dragon and they handed me a business card for Carolina Designer Dragons a local business. I emailed Lynn the owner to get more info on her dragons. I told her I was planning on buying a dragon at the next Repticon in Jan and asked if she would be there so. She answered “Yes she will be there with lots of dragons. But why wait when you can get one now.” It really did not occur to me to get one before the con. Lynn also said “there will be more dragons to choose from because she can’t take every dragon she has to the con.”
So I decided to go to her place on December 21, 2012 since the world was going to end on that day I better hurry up and get myself a dragon. She was only about a 20 minute drive away. When I got there I was a little overwhelmed from the amount of dragons that she had. I was at her place for over 2 hours looking at all of her dragons and holding some that were in my price range. I never realized that they were so prickly because I never held a bearded dragon before.
One of the babies I went to pick up bit my finger I told it “Fine I don’t want you either you little mean thing.” Right next to him was this little baby that stood out because of the color and nice pattern. I picked her up and she licked me a few times and Lynn said “that baby picked me”. Of course she was a bit out of my price range because she was a very beautiful leatherback. But what could I do the little thing picked me and I did not want to put her down. So I had to get her. I also bought a beginner dragon package from Lynn that included a cricket keeper, food, water dispenser and some other things I would need.
Here is one of the first photos of Ember Rose its from my IPod so it is not that good

She also emailed info on my dragon’s parents including photos of them and some other beardie stuff.

It took me a week or two for me to pick a name for my baby. I wanted to call her Corona in reference to the layer of the sun but everyone would assume it is the beer so I did not go with that one. One name I wanted to call her was funny and a little bit mean it was Carnie as in from the carnival because you know she is a bearded lady :lol: . Maybe when I get another dragon I will name her that. I finally settled on Ember Rose it was originally going to just be Ember but people would think she is a male. Rose was another name that I was considering so I just combined them.
Well that is most of the back story my future posts will mostly be about her first year with me with some current stuff as well until I get caught up to the present. I should have started this a long time ago but I am like a bearded dragon because I am lazy.

My fingers hurt from all this typing maybe I should get “Dragon” speech software LOL
Hopefully I will keep the show going.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I got Ember Rose on 12/21/12 and on Christmas day she decided to be a present and unwrap herself.
Ember shedding on Christmas day 2012

This is one of Ember Rose’s first bath that I gave her. She dose no really like them but she tolerates them for a little bit.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ember this summer outside digging this hole while I was trying to garden.

Ember was thirsty she was drinking from a syringe.
I made this harness for Ember Rose and I added some pink so people would know she is a female. But it did not help much because it seems that when they hear bearded dragon they default to it being male.

I like getting close up shots of Ember Rose to show off her scale pattern and coloration.

Here you can see where her shedding begins.

DixieLonestar20x

Hatchling Member
Ember Rose is gorgeous! Congrats! She looks like a happy, healthy beardie!

I am glad to hear your reptile experience finally came to you!

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well Ember finally woke up from brumation a few weeks ago and she has been acting crazy. She seems to have a lot of energy because when I take her out she paces back and forth along the barrier I put up to keep her on one side of the room. Her belly feels a little harder than normal. I was afraid she could have been impacted but she poops about every day. My other theory is she could be gravid with infertile eggs. She does not show all the signs of that because when I put her in her dig box she just wants out.
This is her first brumation so I don’t know if having a lot of crazy energy is normal after waking up.

Sleeping on the hammock I made her.

Ember Rose saying “Hi”

Ember not wanting to be in her dig box.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is a big update with photos and videos. :blob8:

Ember Rose has been restless the past week so I put her in a tub with play sand to see if she wanted to dig. I took her to the vet and found out she has a few infertile eggs that could be reabsorbed in her body. But in not she will end up laying the eggs. It seems she had fun digging around. Ember even stayed in the sand cave overnight and she did not want to come out the next day. So I had to dig her out so I can get her cleaned up and warmed up. She has not bothered digging since then.
Ember Rose in her lay box

Ember with sand all over getting ready for her bath.

Here is a video on YouTube of her digging fast.
http://youtu.be/dF_I2FhA9sA

Here is a cute photo of Ember for some reason this shot make her look younger.

First time she was outside this year.

She was lazy and did not want to get out of her cave even for a nice freshly molted dubia.

Here are some wings I made for her. I am still trying to find the best way to attach them to her that is easy to put on and remove.
These are more like bat wings.

I made Ember Rose some wings out of some black vinyl fabric. I use hot glue to make the finger part of the wings. There is wire underneath it with a magnet there is also a magnet on the harness that matches up to the wing. I did not want to permanently attach the wings to the harness because it would make it more difficult to put it on her. I still have to figure out how to keep the wings from pivoting out of position. Next time I will not use wire because it makes the wings too stiff.

Here is a video of me test fitting the wings on her. Ember does not really like them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-o6lcgs4WY&list=UUlQy6Afk1E_j6CNQowU3Agw&feature=share&index=1

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Hi, just caught up on your thread. Ember Rose is a gorgeous little girl. I totally hear you on the gravid worrying as I'm having the same thought with my female, Zy.

You're very creative and I am very jealous.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
I love her colors! We also have a beardie named Ember. No idea if ours is a male or female yet since she is only a few weeks old.

dragonscales

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is Ember’s X-ray showing about 5 infertile eggs. It is not the best quality of photo because I took it with my iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom