The Dresden Files - 12/9 Ember is now at peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help myself with the title of this thread. It makes me smile! The Dresden Files are some of my favorite fantasy books about a magician/warlock detective in Chicago. I love them and the name, so my new beardie baby is now Dresden. He will soon have a brother whom I am adopting this weekend from a family not far from me. They are moving out of state and want him to have a good home. They tried to sell him on CL but had no takers, or if they did they didn't like who was inquiring because they want him to have a good home. They are giving me him, plus his whole 55 gallon tank and stand for super cheap.
Dresden was 10 inches and 47 grams as of 8/3/2011 and was hatched the week of May 9th, 2011 which makes him 13 weeks old.

Here is Dresden as of this morning
394e9800.jpg

This is the soon-to-be-brother. I need to find him a name. How can you name a beardie before you meet him or her?
92da48f9.jpg

--Maggie

izz

Juvie Member
I hope you find her :( . Ms.B. dragon looks like my boy just lighter and a hypo.

Ive got to go, i hear a possum in the fire place and i need a shower. Bye!\

Izzy + Sparks :mrgreen:

MissT

BD.org Addict
Maggie, any news on Zoe yet??

Just some advice for impaction- if you feel her tummy down the right hand side do you feel any lumps? Do you know if it was regular sand or calci-sand? Anyway, you can give her a few drops of mineral oil to loosen things up. When she is in the bath, rub her tummy in circular motions from armpit to vent on her right hand side- that should help get things going.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Still no Zoe...We left the back screen door propped open and locked the other 2 in my room so if she comes home she has a way to get in the house. She has food outside and her favorite blanket in case she comes home. Barry feels so bad. I'm upset, and I'm trying very hard to not be mad at him because I know it was an accident. It still sucks though.

Dresden ate well this morning but not nearly as much as yesterday lol Guess every day can't be a 20+ dubia nymph day! Baxter (Zoe's littermate) was so excited to watch him eat. I love the separate feeding tank.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Have you checked with the neighbours? I'm praying she comes home soon! Have you lived there long? By any chance is there an old home she might be trying to get to?

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It was late last night when we realized she had been missing. I didn't have any time this morning to go look (it would have been too early to start knocking on doors anyway). Barry just went home to see if he could find her. I'm making flyers up to put on the mailboxes to see if the neighbors may have seen her as well as checking Craigslist.

How are you today Christina? Figure anything out on the viv for Huff?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Nothing with the viv as yet- I called the company that make the viv it is 'supposed' to be and they don't make doors that size! So the guy who put it all together must have added a custom door and fittings. I think I'm just going to get a piece of either glass or Perspex cut to fit it for now. It isn't as tall as Huffs current viv but once I get it sorted it will be perfect for him, since he can't really climb too much.

Let us know when you have any news!

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Silly company. You'll figure it out. You're a smart girl Christina. BTW congrats on Kazi eating his salad!

ZOE IS HOME!!! Barry went home to exchange his car for the pickup truck and she was at the front door eating!!!! I'm sooooooo happy!!!!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
I was hoping to come on this morning to see that Zoe Sassafras was back at home. I hope she is all safe and sound and back to viv staring. Miss T is right, with her ability to find her way into places, definitely check sheds!

Looking at Ms Bearded Dragon's outdoor photo shoot again, have you thought of other literary names like Tiger Lily ? She is showing off some nice yellow and black as she is soaking up the sun there and I'm sure she will be treated like a little princess.

Giant Hugs
-mirth

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
HEY! Wonderful! :blob5: :D :blob5: I must have checked right before you posted that. I'm so happy for you and Zoe!

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Mirth! I'm sooo happy!!!

I've been looking at other Dresden characters but none are jumping out at me. I love the Codex Alera series that is also by Jim Butcher so I might look at them to see if one of those characters seems to be appropriate.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Oh I'm so glad to hear she is home safe and sound!!!!!

Don't panic about names for beardie girl- one will just pop into your head soo enough!!

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
I haven't read the Codex. Or if I did, I forgot. I forget lots of what I read then I get to read them again...it's like bargain books! Two reads for the price of one. :study: I'm just extra glad that Zoe got her furry self back home so quickly and your furry and spiked family is all together again.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have a few books that I read over and over again. They always make me happy.

Time for photos!
This is where Zoe has been since I got home.
39e637a1.jpg

c3c9845d.jpg

Baxter meets Dresden
28f96040.jpg

3b37fa24-1-1.jpg

95bce22e.jpg

finnie

Hi, I just logged in and saw the name Dresden. That's my hometown - Dresden Ontario Canada. Home of Uncle Tom's Cabin. Please don't tell me you've not heard of him! If not - that's another wonderful book for you to read. I'd not ever heard about the book you'd named your dragon after - amazing!! I'll look into that. Your beardie is adorable -- and I must say... well named!! Take care. :D

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Hi there Maggie,
Dresden is looking beautiful and happy to have all that food at his beck and maw. :D
I bet Zoe got called a lot of Sassafras today!! She looks tuckered out from her night of exploring. Well, I guess she knows the area around your house a little better now but bad kitty. Baxter looks a lot like Zoe, do I remember you saying they are litter-mates?
Today is Norris' 5week anniversary so I gave him a ridiculously large helping of greens to play in. He even ate some. I took a picture of it and put it over in the photo area. He ate 13 crickets and about 7 pellets of prepared food...I've always put that commercial stuff in and all of a sudden he ate some. I had twenty five in there and they didn't get knocked out, I checked!! So I guess it was a hungry day. Anyway, it's beardie bath time. Chat with you later!
-M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom