The Dresden Files - 12/9 Ember is now at peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help myself with the title of this thread. It makes me smile! The Dresden Files are some of my favorite fantasy books about a magician/warlock detective in Chicago. I love them and the name, so my new beardie baby is now Dresden. He will soon have a brother whom I am adopting this weekend from a family not far from me. They are moving out of state and want him to have a good home. They tried to sell him on CL but had no takers, or if they did they didn't like who was inquiring because they want him to have a good home. They are giving me him, plus his whole 55 gallon tank and stand for super cheap.
Dresden was 10 inches and 47 grams as of 8/3/2011 and was hatched the week of May 9th, 2011 which makes him 13 weeks old.

Here is Dresden as of this morning
394e9800.jpg

This is the soon-to-be-brother. I need to find him a name. How can you name a beardie before you meet him or her?
92da48f9.jpg

--Maggie

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Rea! It was just amazing :) my room is actually enjoyable now. I don't dread having to try to figure out how to move around to feed everyone :lol:

Ember is just over 8 inches! I'd say 8.25" but that might be stretching it. I'm holding her more and more, and she just loves it. She is gonna be such a great cuddle bug when she gets bigger and I don't panic about something spooking her and losing her in the room.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
wow what a difference! Your stacking vivs are sooo nice! I'm all drooling over them. Hubby is wanting a tortoise. Talk about space requirements!?! Dresden with his moose is beyond adorable. You can really see his beautiful markings in that picture and wowzers! :D He is looking good.

Oh, btw there is nothing 'little' about Ember's gut hehehe

Has Nezzie shed yet? Poor girl looks like her skin is gonna start falling off any second now. Somehow it looks beautiful though.

Sorry I haven't been by to chat. I've been running around a little crazy, myself. Glad to see the MG is doing so well! (Maggie Gang or menagerie?)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Definitely a big change in your room! LOL! I'm sure life is much easier now! My living room is getting to be the same way- the vivs run all the way along one wall and then there are the feeder bins LOL! I'm getting a new dinig table this week so I need to figure something out before it arrives... Otherwise we may have to sit on it! Hopefully I will get Huff moved into Kazi's viv this week and then I can put his old 3ft viv on top of the 4fts. Then I can put the baby viv on the little table that Huff's is currently on. Bla! I don't even know if this is going to work! Hopefully baby will start growig soon and I can get him into the 3ft!!

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mirthy":v8824z0k said:
wow what a difference! Your stacking vivs are sooo nice! I'm all drooling over them. Hubby is wanting a tortoise. Talk about space requirements!?! Dresden with his moose is beyond adorable. You can really see his beautiful markings in that picture and wowzers! :D He is looking good.

Oh, btw there is nothing 'little' about Ember's gut hehehe

Has Nezzie shed yet? Poor girl looks like her skin is gonna start falling off any second now. Somehow it looks beautiful though.

Sorry I haven't been by to chat. I've been running around a little crazy, myself. Glad to see the MG is doing so well! (Maggie Gang or menagerie?)

Thanks Carrie. It's been a struggle the last couple of weeks. I feel so off my game and I can't even imagine how the dragons feel. Nezzie finally started shedding a couple days ago. She shed most of her head and body. Part of her beard, a couple legs, and some of her back/belly still need to go but she's definitely feeling better. Is your life calming down at all cuz mine still feels like I'm slipping on banana peels.

MissT":v8824z0k said:
Definitely a big change in your room! LOL! I'm sure life is much easier now! My living room is getting to be the same way- the vivs run all the way along one wall and then there are the feeder bins LOL! I'm getting a new dinig table this week so I need to figure something out before it arrives... Otherwise we may have to sit on it! Hopefully I will get Huff moved into Kazi's viv this week and then I can put his old 3ft viv on top of the 4fts. Then I can put the baby viv on the little table that Huff's is currently on. Bla! I don't even know if this is going to work! Hopefully baby will start growig soon and I can get him into the 3ft!!

Thanks Christina! I'm waiting for Ember to grow more too so I can get the 20L out of the bottom viv and let her have the whole thing. I need to check on Baby's thread. I haven't had much time at all to catch up on anyone's threads.

I got new beardie blankies from Dawn. They are adorable! Nezzie and Ember sleep on them every night. Dres prefers to sleep on a log in his viv that has him almost vertical. Silly goose.

Dresden hasn't been wanting to each much. I don't know if it's been his shedding or what has him off. I took Ember to the vet this past weekend to make sure all was well with her, and had a fecal check done on Dresden. ****He is parasite free**** WOOHOO!! I was so excited!! BUT it doesn't explain why he is not eating much. He's at about 240 grams right now which is close to where he was before.

Ember is doing well. She was 30 grams a couple days ago. I haven't measured her lately. She does have parasites, and she should be starting on meds but I'm scared to let her appetite drop since she's so little.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest beardie of them all?
b7961910.jpg

abc8f10a.jpg

Stackable beardies!
e2fbe432.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Cute pics. The first pic has your orange neck beardie somewhat unhappy with something, probably the beardie that gets the attention at the mirror.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
Pretty sure that is Dresden in the background considering being a boy sometime soon. He is growing up so fast! I can't believe how BIG he is, Maggie!? :shock:
Pic 2 with Nezzie and her shed looks like she is doing a Lubriderm commercial!

edit: oh and nothing is slowing down! LOL so you are getting two posts in one. But hopefully soon!

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Mirthy":39zjzn2f said:
Pretty sure that is Dresden in the background considering being a boy sometime soon. He is growing up so fast! I can't believe how BIG he is, Maggie!? :shock:
Pic 2 with Nezzie and her shed looks like she is doing a Lubriderm commercial!

edit: oh and nothing is slowing down! LOL so you are getting two posts in one. But hopefully soon!

Dresden is such a ham. He puffs up at Nezzie all the time, and his head bobs are so stinkin' adorable! Nezzie just started arm waving at him today. Apparently he's quite the looker!! He finished shedding his tail and legs, and half of his head is in pre-shed. I'm waiting for his body to shed to see what colors will start popping next.

Dresden is up to 15.5" and 284 grams.
Ember is 8.5" and 34 grams.
Nezzie is 414 grams. I still can't believe she was only 303 grams when I brought her home.

Ember shed recently too. Her colors are looking so much more orange. I'm sorry I don't have pics to post right now but I will soon.
Nezzie finished her shed, thank goodness. She was starting to look so uncomfortable all pre-shed.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
McSkweeky":3fpvcl0x said:
Dresden is such a ham. He puffs up at Nezzie all the time, and his head bobs are so stinkin' adorable! Nezzie just started arm waving at him today. Apparently he's quite the looker!! He finished shedding his tail and legs, and half of his head is in pre-shed. I'm waiting for his body to shed to see what colors will start popping next.

Dresden is up to 15.5" and 284 grams.
Ember is 8.5" and 34 grams.
Nezzie is 414 grams. I still can't believe she was only 303 grams when I brought her home.

Ember shed recently too. Her colors are looking so much more orange. I'm sorry I don't have pics to post right now but I will soon.
Nezzie finished her shed, thank goodness. She was starting to look so uncomfortable all pre-shed.

I can't wait to see the post shed pictures! (for all of them heheh)
Wow Dresden is only 2.5" longer than my little boy Norris but 170 grams heavier... I need you to come feed my dragon. Do you think having other dragons makes them chow down more? You know, before someone else can get it?? Hehehehe! :D

evanescent

Juvie Member
Mirthy":2xtsgrgv said:
Do you think having other dragons makes them chow down more? You know, before someone else can get it?? Hehehehe! :D
I think it does, actually xD
my friend's beardie, Akemi, ate more greens during the week that I was watching her for him than she probably has the entire 3ish months that he's had her.. my others would run towards the salad, but she'd make sure she got there first and Omnomnom, hey look, the Princess is eating her veggies. :D they'd all get their fill, though. I make large salads.

Also, @Maggie: I hope things get better for you..i'm sorry you're off your game.. :c

poor Ember.. >.<
parasite treatment can be tough on them, but Akemi actually regained an appetite because of meds..she's a fatty at heart, but her pinworms were making her feel too sick to eat..so naturally when she realized she was able to stomach food she started eating a lot again.

it's great that Dres is parasite free, and I hope he starts having an appetite again..

they're all looking beautiful, by the way..

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
evanescent":1s8zuxxt said:
Mirthy":1s8zuxxt said:
Do you think having other dragons makes them chow down more? You know, before someone else can get it?? Hehehehe! :D
I think it does, actually xD
my friend's beardie, Akemi, ate more greens during the week that I was watching her for him than she probably has the entire 3ish months that he's had her.. my others would run towards the salad, but she'd make sure she got there first and Omnomnom, hey look, the Princess is eating her veggies. :D they'd all get their fill, though. I make large salads.

Also, @Maggie: I hope things get better for you..i'm sorry you're off your game.. :c

poor Ember.. >.<
parasite treatment can be tough on them, but Akemi actually regained an appetite because of meds..she's a fatty at heart, but her pinworms were making her feel too sick to eat..so naturally when she realized she was able to stomach food she started eating a lot again.

it's great that Dres is parasite free, and I hope he starts having an appetite again..

they're all looking beautiful, by the way..

Thanks Rea! It's been rough trying to find a decent schedule. I only have this horrid morning schedule for another month thank goodness. Ember is getting big - I haven't started her on her meds yet because I'm so worried about her appetite. Plus she's growing like a weed. I feel like she needs her dosing changed daily. She is already so small that they had to give me the injectable metronidazole because she's too light for the regular stuff.

YAY Akemi for being a chunk! I'm hoping mine like their salads more. Ember has been on a protein kick since she's growing, and Dres just seems to have off days. I just got some cactus leaf for their salads today so I hope they like it! I also chunked up some mango to put on to see if that entices them at all.

Carrie - I will do my best to have photos up this weekend. I have my nieces (ages 6 & almost 9) Saturday night for a slumber party with my friend Kris and her 6 year old daughter, but I will do everything I can to get pics up Saturday before I pick them up. I just looked at the Beautiful Dragon website and the growth chart there. I'd never looked at it before. It's nice to have something as a point of reference. I'm so happy Norris breached 100 grams! What a milestone. And he's over a foot long. FABULOUS!

Nezzie is so funny with food - she LOVES live feeders. I usually put a horn, silk, or butterworm on my hand and before I can even set it down she's charging at me with her tongue out to get it. It's kind of hilarious. Now if I put my hand in her viv without food she looks at me like I'm mentally deficient because there is supposed to food on my hand and there's not and that's a problem. Last night she was in her hide, and I had a particularly juicy hornworm for her to eat that was too big for Dresden, and she popped right awake and came almost running out. nomnomnomnomnom *burp*

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Alright I finally had some time to take some photos tonight.

Dresden
1b798ce1.jpg

98e383f0.jpg

7856a884.jpg

99cd0bca.jpg

Ember
da2e2d72.jpg

14897d31.jpg

182b16cc.jpg
c38bcfe9.jpg

Meeting Baxter - and she's totally chill like an amazing baby beardie
cd91f4df.jpg

Nezzie
bb051559.jpg

Hiding
64f0f0bf.jpg

Then I offered her a hornworm. It's amazing what a little bribery will do.

Mirthy

Sub-Adult Member
LOL yummy worms! Wow Dresden has gotten so big and yellow. When I saw that first picture of him I thought for sure that it was a mislabeled photo of Nezzie! His bars are so pretty, I bet they get nice and dark outside (when it gets warm enough to venture outside again) I love the second pic of Ember where she is looking at the camera as if to say.." Yeh, I only got part of a leg but ain't I the cutest thing ever!?"

I'm with Nezzie, I had the day off and no immediate chores and I hid all day long, too...it was heavenly...not even worms would get me out!

believe it or not, Norris just hit 14" and 120 grams! He is still growing longer much faster than he can put on the weight but I'm sure it will eventually even out. He's eating about 40 crickets a day plus a dozen or so dubia and pellets (because he still thinks those are treats...weird boy) and a nice sized salad every morning. The horn worms out grew him while he was in shed and not eating :( But he's had a couple of small wax worms as treats. I figure with his length to weight, he can afford a fatty treat or two.

I love Baxter's sniff by (kind of like a fly by, right?) ...it looks like Ember just took a quick duck, just in case but otherwise looks pretty laid back about it all.

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will be making a vet appointment for Ember this week :(

I've been watching her toes, and her back feet have a couple of random joints thats seem to be swollen. If any of you are following Nikko's thread it was kind of similar to how his feet are looking. Yesterday I noticed that her right rear leg was swollen from the knee down. And it's still quite swollen especially her ankle and foot - like she has a cankle almost if you can imagine that. I meant to snap a picture of it tonight to show you all but with the time change their lights went off an hour early :banghead: I could probably move her while she's sleeping...I might give that a try. I'm nervous. She's had it rough enough as it is! She is still eating well and growing, and she moves around just fine. sigh.

evanescent

Juvie Member
McSkweeky":340tzes3 said:
I will be making a vet appointment for Ember this week :(

I've been watching her toes, and her back feet have a couple of random joints thats seem to be swollen. If any of you are following Nikko's thread it was kind of similar to how his feet are looking. Yesterday I noticed that her right rear leg was swollen from the knee down. And it's still quite swollen especially her ankle and foot - like she has a cankle almost if you can imagine that. I meant to snap a picture of it tonight to show you all but with the time change their lights went off an hour early :banghead: I could probably move her while she's sleeping...I might give that a try. I'm nervous. She's had it rough enough as it is! She is still eating well and growing, and she moves around just fine. sigh.
nnnnnn... *goes to find thread*. . . *brings back picture*

picture is also a link to the thread..click it to go there.

What??? Nooo >__<
I hope it's something that can be easily corrected T--T

i'm glad she's still growing and eating well, though. . .
it would be awful if she had all these issues AND decided to stop eating food..
how is her arm doing btw?

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Rea - she's been doing great, which is why I wasn't super worried about her foot. But it's not getting better so I decided that I'll have to bite the bullet and get her into the vet this week. At least she's eating like a pig and still happy!

Her arm is looking great. It's healed up very well. The vet was impressed with her - she's a star! I'll take a couple pics here soon just so you can see. I know you already don't sleep and I don't want you to worry about her too.

Dresden's head is finally shedding. He looked like his head was exploding out of a paper sack when I got home from work today lol Now his body is in pre-shed! I can't wait to see his colors again.

*runs to take pics for Rea*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom