The Dragon's Lair

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
I also wanted to "Dress up" the enclosure a bit to match my decor better. It comes with standard (very high quality) Black screws, but I decided to get some brass ones at my local HW store. While I was at it, I upgraded them to longer ones too just for some additional strength. I also countersunk the screws so they would not stick out. Harbor Freight to the rescue again!

Countersink and Deburring Tool Set, 3 Piece
Countersink and Deburring Tool Set, 3 Piece
Amazing deals on this 3Pc Countersink And Deburring Set at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.
www.harborfreight.com

I really like the classy look of gold and black!

1705385499707.jpeg

Taking it a step further I found these really nice stick-on handles for the doors too. (Kages does not include handles) yeah the $5 plastic ones work too, but I just couldn't resist! 🙂

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J7X1QFW/ref=twister_B08J7JLFB5?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

1705385499740.jpg

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
No this is not just a picture of Australia.. This is Jackson's new background!!

1705524448256.jpg

I was considering DIY Foam Rocks, but I didn't want to mess with it. I have used Universal Rock Backgrounds before too, but I wanted to try something different. Then I ran across these high resolution vinyl stick on backgrounds
Destinations | Reptile Enclosure Backgrounds
Reptile Enclosure Backgrounds Tour the world & transform any reptile enclosure into a beautiful oasis, with our Destinations Reptile Enclosure Backgrounds. Made from premium quality vinyl, these museum quality prints are laminated for durability. Waterproof, Colorfast & UV Protected! Bring a ray of sunshine
toadranchcages.com

The detail is amazing and really adds a layer of realism to the enclosure. Have a look... I still think I'm going to move in. It's coming out so nice 🙂

1705524448371.jpeg

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Sometime in the future :

Magicmagni " O.K dragon, time to come out to free roam the house ! "
Dragon : "Buzz off intruder, this is my territory ! "
And that's just the Dragon.. wait until I introduce the Kangaroo to the enclosure! I'll be really outnumbered :ROFLMAO:

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
So Toad Ranch was very helpful.. They didn't even mind that it wasn't for one of their enclosures, although if you do get one of their enclosures, they will install it for you while they are making it. Everything was custom-made to my specifications and basically sold by the nearest foot. We emailed back and forth quite a bit, but they were never pushy and took their time with me to get it right. I gave them the exact size of the back wall and then the side walls. They went as far as to take a screenshot of their computer to show exactly what it would look like before printing. We were able to tweak it a bit to show more sky or more ground etc.. They very cleverly "mirror" the image back onto itself at the corners to the sides. You have the option to save some $$ and just do the back and not the sides, but I really wanted to go out and do all 3 sides. 😎

It came to me in 3 pieces to make installation a bit more manageable. In hindsight I should have installed it on the panels laid flat on the floor or table or something BEFORE I put the enclosure together ,but with help I managed to get it installed in the assembled enclosure. They had a helpful installation video that really helps, but basically you just tape it down in the center with painters tape to "lock in" the position and then peel off one side at a time and carefully adhere it to the surface. If you mess up you can pull it off.. very carefully, but you want to avoid that if you can. It reminded me of putting on window tint. A plastic squeegee tool was very helpful too. A spray bottle of soapy water was handy too just to spray a bit on the surface to help the squeegee glide better.

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
Great light for your dragon! May I ask? Now Arcadia ThermalZooPro is equipped with regular UVB and JungleDawn lamps or LumenIZE lamps?
I acutally got the Pro Fixture just before the launch of Lumenize. Doah!! :banghead: But I checked with Arcadia and they informed me that you can retrofit LumenIZE into the TPZ fixture.. which I just did successfully :cool: I'll check with Arcadia and see if they can confirm that they will be offering this fixture with LumenIZE in the future? I can't see why they would not. The only hurdle right now with Lumenize is the new waterproof connectors are very bulky! For sure the LED one WILL NOT fit as that connector is way too long. Arcadia officially has told me they are working on a smaller connector for release early this year. As for the T5 lamps, they "can" fit ,but the link cables are 1.5 meter long so you'd have to stuff all that in there and besides the new connector being so bulky, you have to off shift the whole lamp to one side which is not ideal. Luckily for me I was able to use the orignal short link cable and power supply cable that comes with the TPZ fixture on those Lumenize t5 lamps as they use the same connector type minus the new sheathing for IP whatever whatever waterproof rating. Sine the lamps are inside the TPZ which will not be inside the enclosure waterproof rating really means nothing to me.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I acutally got the Pro Fixture just before the launch of Lumenize. Doah!! :banghead: But I checked with Arcadia and they informed me that you can retrofit LumenIZE into the TPZ fixture.. which I just did successfully :cool: I'll check with Arcadia and see if they can confirm that they will be offering this fixture with LumenIZE in the future? I can't see why they would not. The only hurdle right now with Lumenize is the new waterproof connectors are very bulky! For sure the LED one WILL NOT fit as that connector is way too long. Arcadia officially has told me they are working on a smaller connector for release early this year. As for the T5 lamps, they "can" fit ,but the link cables are 1.5 meter long so you'd have to stuff all that in there and besides the new connector being so bulky, you have to off shift the whole lamp to one side which is not ideal. Luckily for me I was able to use the orignal short link cable and power supply cable that comes with the TPZ fixture on those Lumenize t5 lamps as they use the same connector type minus the new sheathing for IP whatever whatever waterproof rating. Sine the lamps are inside the TPZ which will not be inside the enclosure waterproof rating really means nothing to me.
You are not alone, I also bought an ThermalZooPro last fall :ROFLMAO: . Did I understand you correctly? Now the LED light is too big to fit into the housing ThermalZooPro, but Arcadia promised to fix this problem?

magicmagni

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Jackson
You are not alone, I also bought an ThermalZooPro last fall :ROFLMAO: . Did I understand you correctly? Now the LED light is too big to fit into the housing ThermalZooPro, but Arcadia promised to fix this problem?
The light fits, but there is not enough clearance for the connector even if you slide it over all the way....so you can't power it up unfortunately. This new connector coming out this year to address this... I'm guessing it will be a 90 degrees connector.

Last edited:

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
The light fits, but there is not enough clearance for the connector so you can't power it up unfortunately. I'm guessing they'll be making a 90 degree connector in future.
I'm understood, thank you!
I'll ask you a little more about LED light.
Now I use the Arcadia Jungle Dawn separately from the case ThermalZooPro and I noticed that the LED light heats up significantly, sometimes you can even burn your hand on the aluminum case. This worries me a little. I know this is a common feature of the Arcadia Jungle Dawn LED light.
Do you know that in the new Arcadia the LED lamp has become colder?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom