The Dragons Den - My Reptile Shed - PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC0609

WARNING, THIS THREAD MAY BE PICTURE HEAVY

The Dragons Den - My Reptile Shed

Over the last year and a half my knowledge on reptiles has grown vastly. I've learned a great deal through this forum and can now say my dragons get the best treatment I can give!

Around March 2013 it was decided that the dragons needed to leave the bedroom and be in a larger space; especially with a clutch due/babies due in the following May.

So began the planning. We thought that a 12ft * 8ft shed would be the perfect size, housing a maximum of 12 4*2*2 vivariums (we were wrong on this one)

ys7m.png

vzle.png

Yes, I drew the rack on the lady. Forgot about it and now these are the only snapshots I own.

The base is very thick with a mesh reinforcement inside. It actually saved us during a heavy storm allowing us to tie the shed to the base.
mv32.jpg

tb2x.jpg

qrw5.jpg

Plumbing
b876.jpg

The shed itself went up in a couple of days. It was crap. Cheap made and no good.
The next steps took the cost from a £450 shed to a £4500 shed.

We bought boat wood. This stuff is top quality and should last decades. We pretty much built a shed inside a shed with it and used a thin foil like insulation all round. We painted the inside and layed some cheap flooring.

We had a kitchen counter installed with a sink and shelf and got a cheap fridge with a small freezer inside. We then called the electrician round and everything's a go!

lyqt.JPG

5w35.jpg

My Dubia Colony lives here too.
j4z5.jpg

xgii.jpg

jrf5.jpg

Call an electrician, they know their stuff.
tbc2.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow awesome! I was waiting for this post! :mrgreen:

You did a great job, looking forward to the other pictures.

JC0609":rijplblf said:
Yes, I drew the rack on the lady. Forgot about it and now these are the only snapshots I own.
hahahahah :lol:

I hope to do this one day too. (the shed idea, not the drawing a rack.. lmao.)

-Brandon

JC0609

Original Poster
You'll be seeing a lot more pictures tomorrow. I'll even stick the Beware of the Bearded Dragon sign up.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awesome can't wait.

I can tell you are very proud of it, I would be too.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Looks awesome!

What is that last picture of? I assume a panel to control all the lighting?

-Brandon

JC0609

Original Poster
That would be the fusebox so if the lighting goes in the shed it doesn't trip the lighting in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom