The acrobatic adventures of Inara

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my new little girl got here Wednesday, and she's such a character I couldn't resist sharing her! She already has a thread with some of these pictures over in Intro's, but I thought this was a more appropriate place to move to. Her parents are enormous, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how big she gets, although she does have an itty bitty tail nip. She LOVES to climb!
This is the first picture I saw of her and she had me instantly.
6DF4a.jpg

She does that little head cock a lot, it's like she's studying her surroundings. She's looking at me like that right now, as a matter of fact.

First Hour home!
Box!:
013-1.jpg

None of the "removal" pics worked out. :(
Bathtime!:
020.jpg

021.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

022.jpg

Gettin dry:
023.jpg

In her new temporary home:
024.jpg

025.jpg

Yesterday:
Hey, I can climb this!
012.jpg

013-2.jpg

Up!
014.jpg

Are you looking mommy?
015.jpg

The view's just fine up here!
016.jpg

018-1.jpg

How do I get down?
019-1.jpg

Chillin' with buddha
021-1.jpg

I also caught her hanging upside down from her basking log yesterday, but didn't move fast enough to get a pic.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Today-
What? No, of course I wasn't eating my salad Mommy!
018-2.jpg

See? Just basking crazy lady, never moved!
019-2.jpg

Queen of the mountain! Err... Buddha...
022-1.jpg

025-1.jpg

How do I get Doooooowwwwwnnn?!?!?
024-1.jpg

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you!
In case anyone's wondering, I do take pictures of my adults too, they just don't tend to give me so many golden opportunities, lol.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No acrobatics today, but tomorrow if I get the chance I'm going to introduce her to Mickeal's Fort Max (2 foot tall original transformer) and I still haven't actually introduced her to Tristan. Her tail & nose are still preparing to shed and she keeps looking at me like "Mommy, my nose itches, do something about it!!!!"
Bath time!
013-3.jpg

We're still working on getting rid of the "F4" on her tail, I'm not sure it's going to go away completely until she sheds.
015-1.jpg

017.jpg

OUT Mommy!
020-2.jpg

Why are you taking my picture instead of helping?!?
021-2.jpg

Safe. Finally. Wait, what's that?
Mighty hunter stalks half a cricket
028.jpg

Warm & full belly, itty bitty pancake!
029.jpg

Om
030.jpg

Lol, she's so much smaller in person.

Thank god for Firefox & the "Undo Close Tab" button.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks! She really is just to precious. I love taking pics of her, between her & Tristan I'm slowing down my computer with all the pictures, lol.
So, Weigh in time!
9/9/09, 8 weeks old- 7 1/2 inches, didn't get a weight
9/13/09, 9 weeks old- 8 inches, 32 grams.

I seriously feel sick when I realize that Priss was only an inch bigger & 8 grams heavier when we got her at 9 months old than Inara is now. :puke: :banghead:

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Me too, I really wanted a Buddha for her but all the ones I kept finding online were either to big or really pricey, but then I found it on an aisle I never wander down in Walmart! Her permanent viv is going to have this whole asian theme, I'm hoping.
Whole viv morning before she got here:
011-1.jpg

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
NICE VIV !!!! I still cant think of a theme. Well right now MJ's only in a 10 gallon tank.. so not much can be done. Im getting a 40 gal next month so I"ll have more room and more ideas. I think Tiki theme ? But thats too popular in ppl's homes, etc. lol. I want something unique !!!!! I dnt knw. Im not that creative so it'll be tough !!!

Oh i just realized the bamboo ! great work !!!!!!!!!!!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I love it. The bamboo is actually hollow, I have a matching piece in Priss's viv to hide the thermometer wires. Inara likes to hide inside it, she probably won't be able to do that a lot longer though. I wish I could put live bamboo in her big viv, but they have to be kept really damp & it'd raise the humidity to much. I'm going to check Micheal's and Joann's to see if they have fake "live" bamboo, and raid the asian market for more accessories. I'm thinking about a zen rock garden, but I'm not sure I can find rocks big enough she won't attempt to eat them, but small enough to convey the right impression. I also really love the lotus hands, but am having trouble finding one I like that isn't made out of metal. :p

As for idea's, try looking in the Viv pics only thread & seeing what you like, and then thinking "What can I do to make that different? How can I make it more to my dragon's personality?" I see Inara as a very zen, graceful asian woman, and I want her viv to reflect that.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Ok seriously....

I just posted a long post... and I clicked submit... and went back into the thread and saw its there. But a minute ago I went back in here.. and my post is gone :shock:

:banghead: :angry5: :banghead: :angry5: :banghead: :angry5:

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ugh! what a stupid glitch! I'm sorry! I think that's happened to me a couple times too.

Thanks Freeie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom