Thank you for helping a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a juvenile dragon. I researched alot and kept getting my ques answered here. Im happy to say thanks to your helpful posts, ive had my baby for about a week and hes doing great. He eats his crickets and a mix of veggies and strwbrries. Some of which are from hand. Some from tank and bowl. I have the right night uvb uva and basking lights at the temp. He has a hiding place and great basking place. Those and his cool place ate right temp. Hes doing great. He now trusts me after a week a d were starting to hold him. He really likes it. So what next??? Hes dieing to get out and explore. He even bonded w my cat. They stare at each other comfortably for atleast 2 hrs a day. Id like to get him out to play w me and my 13 yr old son in an enclosed environment (wo my cat for now of course). Should i give him baths? Balls? What???
Great opportunity. Great baby eager for more THANKS TO U GUYS ❤️❤️❤️???

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Please keep cat away from him , sorry but letting your cat be anywhere near him will end badly .
It only takes a moment for a cat to bite or claw a lizard and infect it with a deadly mix of bacteria and viruses - if it doesn't kill the hatchling outright or break it's back or neck in the attack.

CATS and LIZARDS can NEVER BE FRIENDS and CATS CAN NEVER BE TRUSTED.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's so nice that you've gotten great advice here and that you have a happy,healthy beardie. Sounds like you've done your homework. :) You aren't using a night light though, if you need heat at night just use a CHE. [ Gives off heat but no light ]

And yes DO be careful about the cat. Make sure it can't jump on top of the beardie tank, this happens often enough and the best just busts the screen, at worst ends up with a dead lizard.

But also be careful that the little guy doesn't suddenly leap from your hands, never put him on your shoulder or allow him to be alone in any room. Be safe + have fun, so far you're doing great !

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
So far it's all been very Sound Advice
I agree with King on this, cats are sneaky, resourceful and, very brutal killers "they enjoy it". They do it for fun. This can never be bred out of them, it is in their nature.
Be very cautious!

DragonObsessed

Original Poster
I have 2 cats actually and they play with him everyday through the glass. They arent allowed in the room w him when hes out unless he was full grown. Even then we will see how he tolerates them. They play through the glass. He actually seeks them out. When hes bored or theyre bored they ignore each other.
And yes I meant I have a small CHE, not a night light.
And the leaping. You are sooo right. Omg these little babies really like to explore and i find i have to be really careful holding him bec hes tried to jump a few times when hes not calm. I find if i walk him around a bit and hold him he calms down.
Hes not a fan of the bath either lol. And just today hes not wanting to go back in his tank. He tries to hang on to my hand when its flat on the carpet instead of hopping off. He loves to be out. And most places in my house my hand has to be near him or he gets a little scared. Seems to be getting over that tho w the running and jumping lolol.
Id post a pic if i could figure out how.
Hes really a delight. We love him so much. Viserion is his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom