Thank you diamc and vickson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you diamc and vickson. My beardie is so much better! She ate 2 dozen crickets, all her greens and veggies, even ate 2 pinkies today!! She is up running around and her color is normal. If I hadn;t known how she acted a few days ago I would not believe this was the same lizard. We are still going to the vet Tuesday just to have her checked out. Thank you for all the time and advice!!! :D

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, what a change in 2 days, that's unbelievable. It's a good thing that you turned the lights on when you did a few days ago because she had some serious issues going on, the biggest being dehydration.

Since she hadn't eaten in over 2 months though, I would go very easy on the protein because too much can overtax her system which can cause kidney and/or liver damage. I suggest you stay away from the pinkies because they are very high in fat, protein and hard to digest. I never feed those and I know that Vickson doesn't either, so her having 2 in one day is a real concern. I would only consider feeding one if I had a gravid female. Until she digests and has a big poop, I would only give 1 to 2 crickets a day and to keep her VERY well hydrated. You would be better off pushing the greens and even a little fruit.

Taking her to be checked out on Tues is a good idea. Please let us know how you make out. I'm glad she has improved SO much. :p

luvsmybeardies

Original Poster
You guys were alot of help and I really appericate the time you 2 spent with me discussing this. I will keep you updated on her. I hesitated on the pinkies but her "body language" showed she wanted something more. She runs up and down her log when she wants meat. She has done that for about 6 years now.Some people say they don't show things like that or emotions but I think they do. Anyway, I will let you know Tuesday

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Wow thats terrific and thank you so much for the lovely thread it was very nice of you.I cant believe I didnt see it until know.I have been sort of MIA the last few days because of some home issues so I havent been on as much but Diane was nice enough to let me know.Let us know what happens after the vet I am so very happy we could help. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom