Tex Jr

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I adopted a beardie named tex from my buddy when I was in highschool, he was about 5 when I got him and he lived another 4 years and then passed. I practically grew up with the guy so I was stoked to actually be able to take care of him for the last few years. He was like a second dog. Short story long I finally got out of the barracks and was finally able to get a pet so I was like "hell yeah I'm gonna get another beardie" obviously naming him was no hard task, Tex Jr. Is a couple month old leatherback with some pretty awesome colors, as soon as I figure out how to attach pics from my phone I will.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Very nice looking leatherback! He looks like he's curious and quite a handful =). I'm glad to see he's found a happy home.

Texsdad

Original Poster
Update: I don't know why but the little daredevil loves that flag. I gave him a couple small superworms yesterday to see how he'd like them and he gobbled them right up, he hadn't pooped all day and into today (this dude poops a lot) and I worried that he had a hard time digesting the supers. Well sure enough when I went to grab him off the flag there's beardie poop in one of the folds, along with some super exos, so I think I'll hold off on them for him for a while. I took that flag to Afghanistan with me in 2013 and let me tell you there was so much dirt and grim from that place that that thing is pretty much made of bleach by now. Interesting enough that I also had to clean beardie poo off it too lol.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They love to climb, especially when they're small. When my Coop was a baby he would get into the window and climb all the way to the top of the screen, turn his head sideways and look out the window for as long as I'd let him. Just have to watch them closely and catch them if they jump. They think they can fly. Good idea holding off on the supers for now. Best to stick with the softer worms like black soldier fly larvae and silk worms which are easier to digest. I'm sure the dragon poo was put there with love. He was just trying to help decorate the flag ;-)

Texsdad

Original Poster
Anyone have a secret to dusting crickets? I've always dusted his worms but he picky as to when wants to eat them, crickets are always a go for him though. He also has his pellets that I mix in with his veggies but again... Picky

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Some say to put them in a oatmeal container but i have been putting them in a quart size zip-lock bag with a little powder.

Texsdad

Original Poster
Abnormal shed? little guys tail was super waxy the other day like he was about to shed again, then today I noticed that his colors were showing through more, my initial thought was that is tail was growing and pressing against the shed making the colors more visible, but could it be that it's gotten smaller? thanks for any help in advance.

Texsdad

Original Poster
Just bumped the little guy up to a 40 gal tank, he finished his tail shed and hit a growth spurt, grew 3/4 an inch over thanksgiving leave. Here he is taking after his dad's beer/turkey belly on thanksgiving

Texsdad

Original Poster
I'm looking into trying to find a new staple insect feeder for Tex, I absolutely hate crickets and I always have, they smell horrible hide under everything, die easily, and you have to round them up every night so your beardie doesn't become a snack. I'm looking into getting a small starter colony of dubias (25f & 10m) and attempting to breed them into a pretty sizable colony. On average how often do they breed and at what size/age? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom