Tetra Fauna Deluxe 75g size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
So once the direct deposit happens within the next week i'll be going up to World of Pets (the smaller LFS that I use) and will be purchasing the 75 gallon size Tetra Fauna Reptilehabitat. It has front opening doors like the Exo Terra, and that LFS will set up delivery and remove my old enclosure for me. Might ask him to dump my old 10 gallon tank i'm no longer using as well.

I have some grapevine branches, that probably won't be tall enough for climbing in the new location. Anything I should be looking for? also should i increase my UVB light fixture from a 24 inch fixture which is currently holding a 22 inch Reptisun 10.0 bulb. Current lighting is 100w basking bulb, but i have one more spare 150w basking bulb in case i need the stronger wattage for the new enclosure.

I also currently have a couple of the zoomed green reptile hammocks currently in my exo terra that i use for ladder/hammock. I just put them in today and rearranged the grapevines as she's been Glass surfing lately because she wants to climb.

The 2 16x16 ceramic tiles will be moving from the first enclosure to the new one, and will probably be purchasing the appropriate sized repticarpet to go underneath them.

Thoughts? I hope to have her upgraded within two to three weeks. I think i'm going to need a wrap for the outside of her new enclosure as well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Foxxy76

You could keep the 10 gal to use as a feeder tank/holder. I use post-board wrap or wrapping paper for my tank as a cheap background.

full

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't keep live bugs as i live in a condo. Live Dubias are not allowed, and i don't know how people would feel about live BSFL in my building either. That's why there's not much use for that at this point. It was also formerly a fish tank and has been sitting out on my deck area for a few months now.

If i was able to keep the live bugs though, i'd highly consider it.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
To clarify what i was looking for was advice on climbing items for a 75g sized enclosure. currently i own two hides, and about three to four grapevine branches. the zoomed hammocks don't stick to the glass. so i'm probably going to need more branches.

Shidohari

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
got two large adhesive aquarium backings for the new enclosure. both are 48x24. One will be split in half to go on the sides of the encloseure. The other one will be put on the back. Hopefully those that deliver on monday can at least help me install the one for the back, if they don't have time for the ones for the sides.

Need to go to lowes to get a 14x16 piece of ceramic tile today for the inside of the enclosure. it's 48 wide x 18 inch front to back, and 21 inches tall. I just need the extra slab for inside the tank, since the other 16x14 piece i have is being used to have my humidifier sit on it.

Picked up two more pieces of grapevine wood today, as well as a 75 gallon repticarpet for under the tiles. Really don't want to go back out today but it's sunny out... and I want to have everything in the house by Monday when they deliver.

They said my current UVB/UVA reptisun 10.0 in the 24 inch fixture should still be fine, though they suggested i bring out my spare 150W basking bulb for the bigger enclosure. Might cut one of the old repticarpets up to line the sides of the insides of the new enclosure in case she wants to climb up them. Haven't decided if i want to do that yet though. Depends on if she starts glass surfing again once she gets into the new place.

Everyone have a great day and comments welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom