Terribly irritated

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
We've been feeding Xena the appropriate sized crickets (ordering dubias today :D ) and she's eating about 3 dozen crickets a day plus her salads. She came with my 2nd bf when he moved in and his sister was the breeder. Anyhow his ***** brother in law accused me of "power feeding" Xena because I let her eat her fill twice a day for 15 minutes and she's shedding weekly. (those *****s go by what petsmart says :roll: ). Now question time, what age is it again to start slowing her protein down and more salads? She's only about 4 months old so I know it will be awhile yet.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
lol I've already told her there will be no egg nonsense... now hopefully she'll agree :lol:

bobbycarp

Hatchling Member
I agree with feeding them slower and not offering an all you can eat buffet for 10-15 minutes. I realized this quickly when we first got our BD. Poops half the length of their body seem very stressful when you take 30 minutes to look into their anatomy. Proof is in the pudding, they grow just as fast being fed nice and slow.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
bobbycarp":2dx5z4hn said:
I agree with feeding them slower and not offering an all you can eat buffet for 10-15 minutes. I realized this quickly when we first got our BD. Poops half the length of their body seem very stressful when you take 30 minutes to look into their anatomy. Proof is in the pudding, they grow just as fast being fed nice and slow.

Yes well I tend to take my advice from the breeders and owners with 20+ years experience and\or owns the guiness world record holding 2 headed dragon Zak&Wheezie lol but that's just how I am, I trust the experts.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
lacy_black":blkf7w0u said:
lol I've already told her there will be no egg nonsense... now hopefully she'll agree :lol:

LOL Probably not. :wink: But hey, ya never know. She could be one of the rare dragons that agree to agree with you. :lol:

bobbycarp":blkf7w0u said:

I do not agree. Every dragon I've ever had was healthy as can be when offered a buffet. If you limit what they eat, how can they be healthy? Just because that's how humans work, doesn't mean that's how animals work. The dragons NEED the protein when they're young, and offering as much as they want, to them in a 10-15 minute time span helps them get that protein.

I don't know why your dragon was pooping as long as half of their body. That may very well be a different issue. None of my dragons I've ever owned have done that. Might be because I give them a bath regularly and they go in the bath, so they're not holding it in. Who knows...But poops that long aren't normal.

I guess it's to each their own. Because I don't agree with you in the least.

lacy_black":blkf7w0u said:
Yes well I tend to take my advice from the breeders and owners with 20+ years experience and\or owns the guiness world record holding 2 headed dragon Zak&Wheezie lol but that's just how I am, I trust the experts.

I agree!

Im a newb BD Owner, But I do feed mine 3x a day *Hes roughly 3 mo old by size* as much as he can eat in 10 min. And he has a salad down at all times. Yesterday he only got crickets once as I was out ALL Day .. BUT he finished his salad. :) He also gets Pheonix worms. And he LOVES those! :) If you are comfy with what you are doing.. He is your dragon now, not theres. You can do what you want with them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom