Terrarium Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlggator

It's time to upgrade my little dudes living space.
I want this to be his permanent terrarium. He will still grow into it.
In the space I have available a 18 x 18 x 48 would be best for my space, but I could go 18h, 24d, 48w, or even 24x24x48. I want him to be happy.
So first question I have, is 24" in height a must? Or does 18" work for an adult beardie.
Is 18" in depth adequate, or does he really need 24" in depth

Obviously 24x24x48 is the best, but I guess I am asking, can he live in one of the smaller sizes and be happy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It is recommended for a adult bearded dragon a 4x2x2 tank so the 24x24x48 is = to 120 gallon which is a great size ----- definitely go w/ that :) And I guess his happiness depends on him -- I know they like bigger spaces and surf less in the larger enclosures --- or at least mine does -
Karrie

mlggator

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. This little guy has really gotten into my heart. So I want the best that I can provide. I can put the larger tank upstairs at the alcove at the top of the stairs. He won't be as central to the family activity, but he will still get a lot of attention.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is good cuz they like to watch and be w/ people --- watching TV or sitting w/ someone at the computer as well
Karri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom