Tengu's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

So, now my BD is 16 months old and she is at 42cm long and 355g. We believe she is fully grown and would like some advice on feeding.

Currently she gets fresh salad every day and 20 L size crickets once a day. Should we now start decreasing the amount of crickets? She LOVES them of course and salad is like a "Do I have to eat it?"

So any advice at the age she is at etc?

Thank you in advance

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah interesting point about the UV lamp vs the one I have. Thinking about it it is 6 months today so I need to buy another one.

Summer in Japan is....... :evil: :evil: :evil: and even my place gets hot, too hot but we do have air con which helps with the heat in the room. Tengu loves the summer!!! LOL I remember last year when I took her outside for the first time. She was so nervous as was I and she went BLACK and I thought something was wrong :lol: so in she came hahahahha poor girl. This year she will be outside a lot and even maybe a leash! :lol:

REALLY glad to hear you were cleared. And crazy allergies!! That must be a nightmare!!! Last year I had really bad hay fever for the first time ever but this year I didn't and no idea why.

No hiding beardies then :D my princess is freaking out to get out everyday now and still not eating dubia. I swear she is waiting for her weekly honey worm :( she slept on her hammock last night and wow she looked comfy!! Still there this morning watching me of course.

That bulb you have... I wonder if you could use that outside the tank so they can stay outside longer?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I do, I use the Arcadia at the to of the ramp, too, they love it. Means they can be outside for longer without losing any UVB. Plus I have a TV on top of a stereo cabinet, so they love to sit there & watch cartoons. Then they run around some more. It's been great being home because they get more outside time, but next week I'm back to work. Cierra seems to like being out more, so one day next week I'll leave her out for the day, see how that goes. Otherwise, it's Castiel and Nathaniel on opposite days. I don't leave Gabriel out anymore as he is still sleeping by 14:00 every day. He's going in for a check up to the vet in May, blood test and xray to make sure he's ok. Might still be going through his kind of brumation, but still, hasn't seen the vet for years and has gained alot of weight over the last year without the food to show for it, so it's time. Early May when I have extra money, or maybe Apr 26 when I have another day off. Imp is going in on April 11 for fecal and check up as his poops are stinky. So may be return of parasites, will see. Keep you updated!

I don't want to go back to work, I'm loving being at home too much...oh well, need that paychq to keep my babies!

Given Tengu a hug for me and tell her she'll get more outside time as it gets warmer. I'm hoping to get my balcony cleaned soon so they can get some outside time. It's filthy from the winter and I can't clean it on my own, so waiting to hear from my cleaning lady, who's right now away on a trip.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ah thats good to know. I may get one this week same time I get the tube for her tank.

As sure as eggs are eggs Tengu is out now running around trying to get in my room which isn't happening. That is a beardie free zone! :lol: I do love watching her running around I must admit!

Gabriel is sleeping by 14:00? Tengu does that if she runs around a lot. Must be tired?

I am a little worried about my girl with her eating habits at the moment. No dubia, no crickets just honey worms even though they are once a week now. She is eating veg in the morning so am I correct saying they eat more veg than bugs as they get older?

Thank you

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
yes, they're supposed to eat more greens than bugs after a year old, but mine have never done that. I'm glad your Tengu is doing so well with her salad.

I was out all day & didn't have a chance to feed Imp his mix. He at all the super worms in his dish and all of his greens, so I think it's time to decrease the amount I've been giving him. I'll see how that goes. Right now he's sitting on the ramp for another 1/2 hr to bask after I gave him 2 mls of his mix, then he'll go to bed. He's watched a bunch of cartoons, now he's leaning on the balcony window leaning his beard against the reflection in the balcony glass. So cute :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well my little princess is so naughty! Wants out all the time and didn't touch her salad today or dubia :(

Quite happy to sit out and wait for honey worms all day which isn't going to happen. She went to sleep under her lamp when she was out so I put her on me under a fleece and straight to sleep she went. I left her on me for about an hour and she would of stayed there all night :lol:

Put her back in tank at 16:00 and fast asleep. I really hope she starts eating again. I need to take her to the vet again for her pin worm treatment. Would a pin worm have anything to do with not eating?

Thank you

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, parasites have a bad effect on them sometimes, and it's still early in the spring so she probably doesn't have her full energy back yet. Takes time, but once summer comes, she'll be back to normal.

I'm taking Imp in with a fecal to have him checked on April 11 'cause I know he has parasites again. He's eating well, though, loves his worms now that I can't dig for dubia for him. Will be a month before I start giving him them again. Digging down to the bottom (nursery area for the moms) has upset the breeding cycle, so by then he'll be eating larger dubia so won't have to dig down so much.

Will talk to you later, glad she's enjoying her time out and snuggling.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ahh okay that's good to know. Taking sometime this week I hope.

She has plenty of energy for running around the house!!!

This morning she had a photo session :lol: she does enjoy the light :D and as a reward a couple of honey worms! Now she is basking away and very soon she will start climbing the walls to get out again.

Imp has parasites again... How does that happen? I am wondering because they are inside their tank and cared for so why do they get parasites?

Ah as I said it there it is, she is climbing the walls!

Talk soon

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just love your photography, she looked quite interested in the figure, too.

Yes, I'm sure she was jumping to get out!

Had a good day today, but my vacation ends tomorrow, I'm already back to work on Monday! I hate that vacations go so fast!

As for parasites, I'm not sure what causes them. They are usually in their bodies in small amounts and something causes them to grow. The worms, though, puzzle me, too, as our dragons are in clean tanks and don't run around outside. Tengu goes outside but always on your shoulder, right? Mine haven't even been on the balcony and won't until I get it cleaned. It gets very dirty over the winter.

I had Imp on my lap and Cierra on my chest while I sat in the sun on the lazy boy chair I have in the living room, it was warm enough to open the balcony door fully. So Imp got an hour of real sun and so did Cierra, did them both good. Will do that again tomorrow if it stays warm. It's been warm and no rain for 4 days, perfect spring weather. The songbirds are enjoying it, I have big trees across the street and they settle on those and sing morning and evening, it's nice to be serenaded :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much :D

Princess is actually chilling on her hammock now. Maybe just maybe she thinks being out will get her honey worms because I used to give them to her when she was out.... they are that clever!!

Yes, parasites.. very strange thing right. And yes she is never allowed on the street, always on my shoulder or arms which is very sweet :D I love having her trust, it is such a lovely thing.

Ahhh two beardies chillin on you lol. I can just imagine it! No sun here for a couple of days so no outside time for her. Summer will be great for her, it gets to 40 degrees sometimes which I HATE but she loves it! haaahahah

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yeah, I hate hot weather, too, but they don't seem to mind it.

Not sure how long this nice weather will last, just perfect temps and it's nice to open up the balcony doors, even if I have to put a partition up so they can't get outside yet.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Morning or afternoon? :D

Princess is out (surprise) but I weighed her this morning and the last time was 12 days ago. I was worried to weigh her because of her not eating business but she had only lost 8g which was very surprising. She is now at 555g which is a nice weight I think.

She looks so happy out of the tank, I almost feel bad putting her back! I will have to get one of those bulbs for sure. Distance wise how far would you recommend the bulb should be from the beardie? it is 80w

LOL she just jumped down and ran off to the kitchen. I love their run :lol: :lol: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They run so funny when they run and so fast!

Is it a UVB bulb? Then 12" from the top of her head at minimum. 16" at maximum.

I got some good pics of Imp today and one that shows his colours properly.
11887-4126052675.jpg

Swimming in his white tub, he doesn't mind it now
11887-479471465.jpg

And on top of the Britta filter box on the counter
11887-3938692473.jpg

He's now 145g and 14" long, he's grown alot since last Sunday.

And it's evening over here, but I wasn't on the computer much today. Last day of vacation, had alot of clean up to do to be ready for the week. Bug clean up, kitchen clean up, baths for everyone, supplements, feeding, it was a long day but enjoyable. Can't believe my week's vacation is already over :roll:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Vacation over........ :cry: Beardies will be sad or probably pissed :lol:

Imp looks amazing! So big now and such a cheeky face!! He swims in his bath? That's awesome! Tengu sits there, has a drink and that's it.

Speaking of the princess. Yesterday I gave her her salad which I cut, wash, spin dry for crispness and seal! She didn't touch it and this morning it was mostly gone! So she ate it this morning.... and I had to laugh because a roach that I tried to give her two days ago crawled out of somewhere and started to eat her veg and then crawled off and she just watched it :banghead:

Of course now she wants out!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
At least she ate her salad, which is something. Gabriel won't even eat his collard greens anymore, nor any other green or veggie, not sure what's up with him, but at least he eats his roaches. He has to go to the vet, too, will see how he is later this month.

So Cierra seems to be feeling better, her light wasn't giving off enough UVB, it was too high, so I lowered it and she had her head up. Didn't even want to be out this am, so I have a feeling it's time to bring the lay box in to warm it up. Will have to do that in the am. I'm a big worried about her, so will see if I can bring her in on Monday to the vet when I take Imp in. She's back in the bath tomorrow morning, need to get a poop out of her. Eggs tend to complicate things...

I'm off to bed, this being back to work stuff is ick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom