Temporary Incubator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have suggestions for a temporary incubator? My little Montana beat her incubator to the punch. I need a temp home for the eggs until Monday. Any suggestions? I have them in a serilite in their own containers with a heat lamp. The temp is sitting at 83.

beardedwizard

Extreme Poster
As long as you have the eggs in a very moist substrate like Vermiculite, or Perlite the eggs will be fine at 70-89 degree F. You are looking for a stable temperature within this range, as I've talked to a few older breeder/hobbiest that have hatched eggs after 4 months of just sitting on the Kitchen table at 75 degrees. So provided your humidity inside the tupperware container is good, and you temps stay where they are you should be fine! The biggest problem in the first week is keeping the eggs from drying out, that's the number one killer of eggs.

Anthony

hayl55

Juvie Member
I use a foam beer cooler, filled half way with water, with a water heater at a temp of 86 degrees. and then I put 2 bricks in the cooler to act as stands for a small rubermaid container to sit on. and in teh container I put damp vermculite for the eggs to sit in. I put teh lid on teh container but punch holes in it so teh air can flow and moisture can get in/out. but I put teh foam beer container lid on tight to tryadn keep the temp adn humidity huntained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom