Temp issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Well sice we have had 90f weather outside the house has been hitting 85 to 88f. Ive noticed Chimaira (8 months)will move himself away from his basking when his therm reads 101f. Zero(7yrs) is also moving away at the 102f now instead of 107f like he likes. I know thats ok for Zero but all the little ones are moving away from basking when the temp rises above 101 to 102f. Is that still ok for the 3 month olds? Cool sides of all their vivs are at 80(morning) to 88f(evening) since the warm weather has hit. Im only using 75 watt house hold bulbs for basking. I have some 60 watts incase they get to warm. I'm using probe therms.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
it is possible that they are moving themselves away because of UV also. As long as they have an option to regulate themselves and aren't "forced" to bask in an area then they will choose what is best

Tigg

Juvie Member
Onca again I agree with GoFast! Ttemps are still high enough for them to digest, I wouldn't worry about it at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom