Tell us what how Reptaid has helped your Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

scion

Hatchling Member
Foodmonster- go to the forsale section. You will find a thread with like 14 pages of posts. I believe on there is info on the ingredients. Have some in the fridge, just to lazy to get up and look

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Ok, I promised Elliot that I would report as to how this stuff works. It has been a while, and I apologize for that, but here goes.

My little dragon, at 108 grams, became sick. I was not sure if it was truly a respiratory infection, but she was def. sick with mucous and was coughing. I got the reptaid after she had been showing these symptoms for a few days and started immediately. In addition, I also raised the temps in her tank about 12 or so degrees.

I was very skeptical of this product, and I was worried about some of the ingredients, to be honest. So, as I did use the product every day, I only used it once, not twice. I administered the medicine to Blaze every day for the full recommended time. By the end of the span, Blaze was obviously feeling and acting better.

The thing is.. Blaze's appetite never slowed, but she was grumpy. Now, Blaze, about double what she weighed then, is doing just great. I have not had to give her any more medicine, and she is no longer coughing or having mucous. She is happy. I am happy. To be completely honest, I can't say for sure that this product made her better, as I did use it in conjunction with extra heat and extra hydration - but, I would say that I will keep it around and use it again, if necessary. Blaze had absolutely NO SIDE EFFECTS.

On the other hand, it was very difficult to administer to my dragon - she doesn't drink, won't take baby food, and she was too small to inject it into any of her insects! I did have to force-feed her, but we both survived!!

Thanks again, Elliot.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We received our order of reptaid a couple of weeks ago. I used it on Zoom Zoom one Sunday then had to stop as my work schedule doesn't allow me to do it every day and early mornings she isn't really warm enough or awake enough for me to give it to her and my husband can't really do it comfortably. I gave her a dose the following weekend, three days in a row as I get off early on friday afternoons. It hasn't really improved her appetite much but it did increase her activity and some improved her appetite a little bit.

I just thought of a question for Elliot. On the day's that I have to go to work before she usually gets up, can I wake her up early and give it to her before she's warmed herself up a little? Or do I have to give it to her after she warms up some. I did try to drop it on her mouth but she licks it somewhat and that can take about 15 minutes or so it seems. I don't always have that much time.

Johnnyboy

is Repta-aid the same as Reptaid? Because i saw Repta-aid, made by Flukers, at petsmart for 12 dollars which is much more affordable than the 25 online asking price of Reptaid.. anyone know? btw, I am a starving college student

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":163eb said:
I just thought of a question for Elliot. On the day's that I have to go to work before she usually gets up, can I wake her up early and give it to her before she's warmed herself up a little? Or do I have to give it to her after she warms up some. I did try to drop it on her mouth but she licks it somewhat and that can take about 15 minutes or so it seems. I don't always have that much time.

Sorry I did not see your question posted before today. There is nothing wrong with giving Reptaid at any time of day or night. If a reptile needs it, it is better it give it to them when you can than when it is convenient for them. Of course when they are eating it is best but if the animal is already sick, the important thing is getting the Reptaid into them so it will do its work.

ChamNW

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Johnnyboy":8178c said:
is Repta-aid the same as Reptaid? Because i saw Repta-aid, made by Flukers, at petsmart for 12 dollars which is much more affordable than the 25 online asking price of Reptaid.. anyone know? btw, I am a starving college student
The product made by Flukers is a nutritional supplement. Reptaid is an herbal health supplement which helps fight bacterial and parasitic infections. You can read a lot more about it on the "For Sale" part of this forum or go to our website http://www.chameleonsnorthwest.com and to the page on Reptaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom